DVR625---caller id

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bondersma

Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hi Guys
I just subscribed to dishnetwork, had directv for long time, anyway my dvr625 caller id isnt working. I have enabled it and it worked after the installer came over and installed everthing. Then few hours later it didnt work any more. So i again made sure the caller id was enabled and it was, and tried calling my house million times and it still didnt work. So i held power button down on reciever for 10 seconds and rebooted everthing and then it started working again, well long behold after a day it stopped working again. So i called dish up and the guy asked me few ? and said it was probably the modem failure ( i think is what he said ).So dish is now sending me out another unit. I was wondering why would the caller id work only half of the time and when i only reboot the system.

Now get this , my parents signed up at same time and their system is doing the same thing on the caller id. THey even called the installer out and then of course he reboooted it and it worked then says ohhh all fixed then is out again the next day , imagine that.

My question is is this just a glitch in the system , should i swap out the box i have now and put in the one that is coming from dish, ( i hate to loose my recordings ) will the new box do the same thing.
ALso isnt it true the boxes they send you are all refurbished, hmmmmm
Thanks guys for the help , sorry for the long winded story.
Bob

Caller ID and 625 is a rather common problem. Sometimes it works for a long time.

My own 625 caller id didn't function for 3-4 months, then one day it started working.

All in all I doubt swapping recievers will accumlate much.

This is why I don't bother to tell people about the caller id feature when I do a install, then if it don't work the next day they call in and your smacked with a trouble call.

Caller ID and 625 is a rather common problem. Sometimes it works for a long time.

My own 625 caller id didn't function for 3-4 months, then one day it started working.

All in all I doubt swapping recievers will accumlate much.

This is why I don't bother to tell people about the caller id feature when I do a install, then if it don't work the next day they call in and your smacked with a trouble call.

I agree but mine still doesn't work and it only works when it wants too, so your luck that your works:cool:

Yes the Caller ID on the 625 is crazy. I hate service calls just for that. It is nice to see who is calling on the TV, but it is not my fault the 625 has issues on it. Like Rcdallas said I doubt you will gain much by swapping out the the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)