DW tv for analog?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDSL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Is Deutsche Welle (DW-TV) still available on C band that can be picked up on an analog reciever in the south-east US, or am I going to have to buy a new MPEG2 reciever to get this?

Thanks----------Robert

Forgot to add DW programming is on one of the NYN-2 channels on AMC 5 for part of the day, its on right now, DVB Ku band.

H

So I guess i'm out of luck with a GI 450i reciever ( I just got a whole system for free, so even if I have to buy a reciever, I'm still ahead a 10' dish and a c band lnb :).
Would one of those Pansat 2500a recievers be a good bet?

Thanks---------Robert

Its still going to be a huge learning curve with such a large dish, it may be better getting a basic Ku band FTA system then transferring the knowledge to the BIG dish, thats my plan anyway : )
Receivers are a personal choice, I would shop around as there are loads of very nice receivers out there.

Some great reading material here......
http://www.geo-orbit.org/

I'm not scared of having to do a little learning... I've got more time than money right now :)

Thanks for the link, handy info there.

--------Robert

RLDSL said:
So I guess i'm out of luck with a GI 450i reciever ( I just got a whole system for free, so even if I have to buy a reciever, I'm still ahead a 10' dish and a c band lnb :).
Would one of those Pansat 2500a recievers be a good bet?

Thanks---------Robert

Robert
Some of us (me and I know PSB) would love to have the yeard to place a C-Band up. There is so much that you can get FTA with a C-Band dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts