DX Antenna DSB-400 Positioner

espaun206

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2017
Guatemala
Hi
Satellite Antenna Positioner

you know if it counts the pulses and shows it and if it works better than a vbox of the chinese new they sell me one DX Antenna DSB-400 used
I think this is% 100 Japanese
Captura1.PNG
Hi

The DB-400 was manufactured in the mid 80's, so it is around 40+ years old and caps will likely need replacing. In my opinion, the V/Gbox will be more user friendly, but definitely not built to the high quality standards of legacy gear. Typically this type of gear is sold for the cost of shipping ($25 USD +/-).

The DB-400 will save and return to a satellite position, but does not display the pulse counts. Used as a manual motor controller and servo polarity selection, but without automatic positioning or polarity switching. You will also be limited to the few alpha numeric assignments for the satellite name display.

The DB-400 was manufactured in the mid 80's, so it is around 40+ years old and caps will likely need replacing. In my opinion, the V/Gbox will be more user friendly, but definitely not built to the high quality standards of legacy gear. Typically this type of gear is sold for the cost of shipping ($25 USD +/-).

The DB-400 will save and return to a satellite position, but does not display the pulse counts. Used as a manual motor controller and servo polarity selection, but without automatic positioning or polarity switching. You will also be limited to the few alpha numeric assignments for the satellite name display.
the one that they sell to me this practically new in its original box they never used, it they it stored $55+shipping

I have a DSB300 model and it doesn't do reed switch sensors. Only optical and hall effect type sensors.
and that for those of us who do not know what it means, or what it means

I most of all just want to move my actuator since I have a vbox II of the Chinese and it came out bad at times does not send pulses, mark error

The reed switch is a 12v two wire connection, the Hall Effect and Optical sensors are a 5v three wire connection. Your comment on the VBox II suggests you have a faulty reed switch or wiring though.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
The reed switch is a 12v two wire connection, the Hall Effect and Optical sensors are a 5v three wire connection. Your comment on the VBox II suggests you have a faulty reed switch or wiring though.
The wiring is new is from the DX engineering

I have it connected in this way to vbox, to arm
P80323-192636.jpg
P80402-185817.jpg

The wiring is new is from the DX engineering

I have it connected in this way to vbox, to arm
View attachment 135731 View attachment 135732

I can't tell from the pictures if it's connected or not, but my understanding is that the shield of the sensor wires should NOT be connected on the actuator end, and SHOULD be grounded on the VBOX side, in order to be effective at suppressing noise in the sensor line.

Also, it would be good to put some solder (tin) on the ends of the wires

Hey all! Im am new to this but not to satellite tv. I have been a retailer in the past. (started 1987 retired 2005) I still enjoy fta and like most of you struggle to get a good positioner to move the dish. I didnt have much luck with the diseqC1.2 positioners so i built my own non diseqC positioner. It is just a basic manual positioner with a digital display and also made a manual automatic postioner as well. I have used both for 6 months on a 10 ft aluminum dish without an issue. I have one manual and 3 automatics in use now to friends and they are happy once again to be able to get more than 1 satellite. Hope its ok to post this link....
cband satellite positioner

whats a good box positioner to buy other then the vbox. i have a vbox and add another dish wanted to be able to controll the 2 dishes seprately

and this one that works the same as the DX
View attachment 135729

Hadn't seen one of those in a long time. I sold a few of them back in the day and they were decent motor drive units. They were a little fidgety when it came to power spikes, but if they were on a surge protector, they worked fine. If memory serves me, it will be a bit lacking when naming the satellites, but other than that, they were a decent unit, and it did to reed switches.

To be honest, you'd be better off with a Titanium ASC1. It's kind of a one size fits all solution. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
i actually have a vbox hooked to my cband dish. looking for another positioner for my ku band dish.
know of any.

I will tell you this. If you buy an ASC1 you will want another ASC1 to replace that vbox. Once you see it in person you will realize it is not pricey, it is built better, built right, and built to last.
Vboxes have about a 1 year life span. Some last longer, it all depends on how much you use it and which factory it came out of. One thing is for certain, unless they have beefed up the quality, it will die.

Another ASC1 fan here. So easy to use and it has never failed me. Has no problem powering my Ajak H180 to move around a solid commercial dish attached to it. From an aesthetic perspective it also looks and feels really cool, like a rugged piece of commercial grade equipment. A perfect companion for a commercial dish imo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)