DX DVB-S2 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

el_polaco

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Cracow (Poland)
Hi :)

I'm new here. I come from Poland, Eastern-Central Europe. I need advice abou good blind scan receiver. We've tested some but any of them is not so good.
My and my mate's dream is:
- good blind scan (which e.g. separate dvb-s2 and dvb-s or possibility of choose SR > 1000, > 3000, pace 1,2,3 Mhz...)
- level of signal showing in dB
- SR low and high (arounf 1000 and 44000)
4:2:2 but I know it may only AZBOX ;)

I hope I am writing in a correct part of forum.
Sorry for bad english and problems.

Thanks

AZBOX was to expensive for me, 4:2:2 is ok on dvb card so no problem. It's worrying that for DVB-S all my expactations realizes OpenBox F500 and other series but for DVB-S2 there is no good receiver.
Forum is very nice:) I've read some posts about products from WSI Digital. I bought some things from them and I am satisfied :) Unfortunately it's a problem to get Dish WS1247 1.2m to Poland, it's too big I think.

AZBOX was to expensive for me, 4:2:2 is ok on dvb card so no problem. It's worrying that for DVB-S all my expactations realizes OpenBox F500 and other series but for DVB-S2 there is no good receiver.
Forum is very nice:) I've read some posts about products from WSI Digital. I bought some things from them and I am satisfied :) Unfortunately it's a problem to get Dish WS1247 1.2m to Poland, it's too big I think.
Even in the US, shipping of big dishes is an expensive proposition. I can understand your problem and sympathize. In my opinion there are very few DVB-S2 blindscan receivers, and they all lack good configuration options , so I share your pain.
:)

Can somebody make me screen of signal level or blind from Yours american HD receivers? Anyway I will try to find it in the net:) On european market there is no PanSat or CoolSat, at least in Poland.

Ferguson Ariva 100

I've been using one of these HD receivers I bought online from intactus.de. When it arrived the menu was in Polski, so it took a little while for me to find the language selection for English.:p
It blind scans just fine, has all the European birds by default which is easier for you, menu navigates easily, does mpeg4, QPSK, 8PSK, small remote, USB PVR function & good online support from ferguson.de .
Last time I looked intactus was selling these for 159 Euros.
(Sorry Sadoun but I'd rather have the Poles for tech support)
I use mine exclusively for fta Ku & C-band(mostly C-band) & really enjoy it. :)

Can it receive DVB-S2 ?
Yes.
DVB-S & DVB-S2, DiSEqC1.0. 1.1, 1.2, USALS, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, up to 32 timers, PAL upscaling up to 720p & 1080i.(480 to 1080, 50 & 60 Hz)
Works great with my Vizio 32" LCD, which also does PAL.:)
But requires a 125 to 250 volt adapter - Rat Shack $35.

Attachments

• A100_manual_EN_v7.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 301
  • A100_datasheet.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Yes.
DVB-S & DVB-S2, DiSEqC1.0. 1.1, 1.2, USALS, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, up to 32 timers, PAL upscaling up to 720p & 1080i.(480 to 1080, 50 & 60 Hz)
Works great with my Vizio 32" LCD, which also does PAL.:)
But requires a 125 to 250 volt adapter - Rat Shack $35.

Brex,

Sounds good, and the 250v not a hard problem to deal with. Are you using this receiver here in the US with US satellites and can it be connected to a SD ntsc tv set? I don't have PAL anything.

Jim

Brex,

Sounds good, and the 250v not a hard problem to deal with. Are you using this receiver here in the US with US satellites and can it be connected to a SD ntsc tv set? I don't have PAL anything.

Jim
I delete all Euro sats & add the ones wanted in the menu, then load a few TPs to peak quality & set up the diseqc 1.2 in menu, then blind scan to find the 'bonuses'.
I'm using my DSR922 for dish mover/4DTV now with this stb for fta. For regular NTSC use must use a scart connector, but I found one on Ebay for $2 from China.
Without the HDMI you'll miss out on all the HD channels. I bought my 32" Vizio from Costco for $360 with 2 yr additional warranty. :D
It's been my experience so far that the minimum quality that will lock is 35%, better than the 80% figure in the manual.

Last edited:
You can get HD from component, not just HDMI (assuming that this receiver isn't doing anything stupid).

I'd also check the power requirements before blowing money on a 240V adapter. A good power supply these days works with either voltage, so if that's the case you'd just need a plug adapter.

You can get HD from component, not just HDMI (assuming that this receiver isn't doing anything stupid).

I'd also check the power requirements before blowing money on a 240V adapter. A good power supply these days works with either voltage, so if that's the case you'd just need a plug adapter.
Jim S.,

The Ferguson Ariva 100 I have is 175 to 250 volt....so it must have an adapter for here in the US. And yes the HD from component does work also but then with AC3 audio channels you'd need an AV receiver or a Cyberhome decoder. Another gizmo to hook up.

Thanks for the clarification. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there because it looks an awful lot like the Solomend (I think the Solomend is the same as an Ariva 200, in fact) and that has a universal power supply.

Universal power supply

Jim S,

It is a lot like the Solomend, & others. I chose a Ferguson for the same reason that I choose other things - to be a little different. Everyone in my area seems to drive a Honda - I drive an old Subaru 4WD. ;)
I did ask intactus.de some time ago if Ferguson would be marketing a more universal input voltage model - we'll see.

Jim S,

It is a lot like the Solomend, & others. I chose a Ferguson for the same reason that I choose other things - to be a little different. Everyone in my area seems to drive a Honda - I drive an old Subaru 4WD. ;)
I did ask intactus.de some time ago if Ferguson would be marketing a more universal input voltage model - we'll see.

I really like the "being different" mode of operation. I have a transformer laying around here for the 250v. Might just want to pick up one of these.
On your being different Subaru are the front wheels the main drive and the back wheels kick in for 4wd ?

I really like the "being different" mode of operation. I have a transformer laying around here for the 250v. Might just want to pick up one of these.
On your being different Subaru are the front wheels the main drive and the back wheels kick in for 4wd ?

I just picked up a 2003 Volvo XC70 AWD , and the front wheels are the primary movers, with about 20% supplied by the rear wheels until the computer decides it's time to engage more rear power. There's also a winter mode, which uses only 3d, 4th and 5th gear, solely , and a manual shifting option.
Welcome to the SatGuys Auto forum !!! :)

This Subaru has stick trans with manual 2 speed (high/low)transfer case. No "pea brain" involved. :p
So what about the OP? Find anything useful here?:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)