E.A. 1000.2 Dish, which lnb is which?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
On the newer 1000.2 Eastern Arc dish, which lnb is for 72.7 and which is for 61.5? I'm located in Michigan.

Standing in back of the dish looking at it and towards the arc, there's one lnb that is nearly in the center, and the other lnb is off-centered towards the right hand side.

Anybody know which is which? I'm trying to install and peak it through my DPP44 switch, but I might have to temp. install a jumper directly to the receiver (VIP622) for peaking it, as it's not working properly.

The LNB's cross-fire at the dish. So, unless I'm completely out to lunch, looking at the LNBs from behind the dish, 72.7 should be the LNB on the left. This will be true regardless of your location in the US.

The LNB's cross-fire at the dish. So, unless I'm completely out to lunch, looking at the LNBs from behind the dish, 72.7 should be the LNB on the left. This will be true regardless of your location in the US.

That's what I figured, but this dish is a bit odd since one lnb is centered pretty much right down the bore-sight. It appears that one should be pointed almost directly (if not directly) at 72.7

My receiver was a split-arc setup, and is having issues properly sensing this thing. I might have to jump it directly to the receiver input, bypassing my DPP44 switch. Tune it in, and then install the switch. I do have some 3ghz jumper barrels.

That's what I figured, but this dish is a bit odd since one lnb is centered pretty much right down the bore-sight. It appears that one should be pointed almost directly (if not directly) at 72.7.

The 1000.4 also has the 72.7 LNB centered. Apparently nobody bothered to re-engineer the yoke for best reception on both sats. :(

I did clear my switch matrix before starting, but that is a good suggestion.

I got it set-up properly now, so all is fine. I did the aluminum foil trick, and blocked the lnb on the right side (OFF direct bore-site one). That one is for 61.5. The lnb almost centered, is the 72.7 one. So, the sats do cross-over as normal kinda like on a Dish 500. It just looks odd because of the 72.7 lnb being nearly dead center. That one actually appears to be aimed just slightly to the LEFT of the actual satellite. That means that more of the dish is illuminated by 72.7 sat, than for the 61.5 sat. Then 61.5 sat came in on the one I had previously covered with foil (right one). I'm hitting all the transponder thresholds or higher for my area.

This dish is nice. Hopefully it'll be ok when we get one of our big thunder storms, as those clouds tend to be black as night and sit right across my Eastern arc. In fact, those have even caused rain fade on a 39" dish!

I'm going to give it a few days, and if everything stays fine, I'm going to pull all my other dishes I used for Dish Network. The previous 39" dish is going back to being a KU fta dish, and I'm installing a new Sadoun 6 footer to replace the one that got crushed by a tree. Then I'll hook up my microHD receiver, and have some fun!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts