E* and New HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I figured I'd give us a thread to discuss new HD channels that we think E* should get.

I would also like to say, Is Charlie in his right mind? I might be the only one, but I see a profound difference on HBOHD over regular HBO. This whole upconvert thing and him saying that it's not true HD is garbage. Theoretically, you really can't call it "true" HD, but 720P and 1080i, even as an upconvert, from the source that is, is dramatically different. Sorry for the rant, but I felt it was nesessary.

Now to the channels that I think we need.
Cinemax
ESPN2 (when the time comes)
USA ( I think this is 540p, right)
TBS (When available)
Starz
IN HD 1&2

That's all I can really think of right now. I would love some RSN's in HD, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Charlie will probably want LIL HD before worring about the RSN's.

So what do you all want.

NightRyder said:
When exists:
Sci Fi-HD
USA-HD
FX-HD

Agree on all parts, and Cinemax above. Heck...I'll take about anything to get more HD now! :cool:

Speed Channel needs an HD channel too!

I'll definately throw another great big 'DITTO' to NightRyder's list. I'd be thrilled with all major networks right now. I bought basic cable from Comcast (to go with my cable modem service) and have been putting off renting their box so I can get my networks in HD. Me very lazy and don't want to switch inputs when I want to watch networks...

joeman said:
Love to see Enterprise, Joey, and ER in HD!!!!!

Enterprise in HD is awesome! Thank god for good OTA reception here! Since UPN added a ton of new HD stuff this year, their broadcasts seem to have even better PQ than last season, when Enterprise was the only thing in HD.

I fully agree - upconverts are just fine - even if the only reason we think it's good is because it's not compressed to death like the SD channels.

[/QUOTE]Enterprise in HD is awesome! Thank god for good OTA reception here! Since UPN added a ton of new HD stuff this year, their broadcasts seem to have even better PQ than last season, when Enterprise was the only thing in HD.
Oh rub it in my face! I'm a huge Enterprise fan anyway! :smug
I'm soooo Jonesing for it!

SimpleSimon said:
I fully agree - upconverts are just fine - even if the only reason we think it's good is because it's not compressed to death like the SD channels.

I agree with you whole-heartedly, but I think that it being in widescreen helps as well. Since our picture is not distorted, it just "feels" like the picture looks right and is in the right place.

Locals HD (no)

I think the whole idea of locals on HD is insane. How many sats will be needed to provide this?

Also with the satellites record of sqashing 3 HD's on one transponder, what are the odds that the locals will be true HD. (very little) I get mine locals from antenna and they blow away all other HD channels. I am really pi**ed that Dish and for that matter Direct have really taken away from what HD is and compressed it to fit. They think anything better than sh**ty SD signals is HD. (not)

Well anyway here is my want list.

INHD 1&2
Starz HD
Max HD
TMC HD
Monsters HD
Bravo HD

Thanks

bdemz said:
I think the whole idea of locals on HD is insane. How many sats will be needed to provide this?

Who said anything about locals? I just want HD networks, I could care less where they originate from. ;)

NightRyder

Horsnuts said:
All MTV channels in HD.
All VH-1 channels in HD.
All with music mixed in 5.1 surround.

I would agree with Charlie on this not being compelling. It isn't compelling in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)