e-bay - boy it's strange place

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I have been selling one of my receivers, first sale ever, and so I am watching all the other receivers like mine, just to give me some idea of what i should expect.

I have watched about 14 different receivers and the price range just makes no sense to me.
The same receiver has sold for as little as $85 dollars and as much as $182 over the last 3 days. I checked thinking something must have been wrong with the low ball, but there was nothing i could see. And there was nothing special about the 182 item.

The other strange thing, well not strange but a bit of a rush, is watching the last 60 seconds. look at this the price went from $90 to $135 in less than 3 mins, i bet the seller was sitting thinking he was going to get lowballed too.
$135.25
s.gif
Apr-27-06 16:55:19 PDT
s.gif

$133.57
s.gif
Apr-27-06 16:55:41 PDT
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
$115.20
s.gif
Apr-27-06 16:55:38 PDT
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
$110.00
s.gif
Apr-27-06 16:54:10 PDT
$91.00
s.gif
Apr-27-06 16:53:49 PDT
s.gif
s.gif

$90.00
s.gif
Apr-26-06 13:46:57 PDT
s.gif

Sometimes it depends on the user ratings (the lower the rating the less likely you are to get more money out of the item), the cost of the S&H (some items that have a cheaper price have a higher S&H fee), the item title and if they have a second item title (this effects what people will find when they do a search for the item), if they listed it under two topic sections, the description of the item, if the item is new or used, the return policy.

Also if the receiver is clean. If a higher bidder verified that it can be activated, (s)he might be inclined to spend more knowing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)