E* CSR won't activate VIP622

bluezbear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Atlanta
Received my VIP622 yesterday. I have a dish500 and connected it up got a good signal on 110 and 119. I called CSR and the guy would not activate it because I have an install scheduled for 2/21.

That sucks. Has anyone else been able to activate their VIP622 before the installation date?

Thanks

The system dish uses will not allow them to do anything 'else' when there is an open work order (your install). They would have to cancel the install before they could activate the receiver (and reschedule)

My 622 arrived today. Install is scheduled for 2/23. I can't do much without the dish1000 anyway, so I'll just play with it for a week.:D

bluezbear said:
Received my VIP622 yesterday. I have a dish500 and connected it up got a good signal on 110 and 119. I called CSR and the guy would not activate it because I have an install scheduled for 2/21.

That sucks. Has anyone else been able to activate their VIP622 before the installation date?

Thanks

I had the same situation w/my 942, I received it, hooked it all up, and called Dish to install- I was not routed to India, someone in the States...they saw that I had an installs cheduled, I said "it's all hooked up and I have a signal"..they asked a few basic questions, cancelled the install and activated the receiver. It may depend on the CSR you get. Now that I think about it I may have directed my call to technical support, not sure if that makes any diff or not.

I activated mine last nite... didnt sound like I was talking to india... got a csr, they said they needed to transfer me to tech department... got him on the line... spoke clean english... he asked for the numbers and activated it, no problem... I had a March 7th Install date....

nitstalker said:
I activated mine last nite... didnt sound like I was talking to india... got a csr, they said they needed to transfer me to tech department... got him on the line... spoke clean english... he asked for the numbers and activated it, no problem... I had a March 7th Install date....

SEE? It all depends on who you talk to. Some CSR's play by the book, others will do whatever you desire them to do for you. Lord only knows how many times I've hung up and called back to get somebody different to do what I want. I've had many times where I've had installs completed early before the actual date and have receivers activated. Making people wait is ridiculous, unnecessary, and shouldn't be happening!!!!!!!

I think it is stupid. I remember when I got my 942. I put it in and activated it. When it had to be replaced they sent a new one out and I installed it as well. Didn't need a tech. I have a superdish and second dish at 61.5. I am in Erie, PA and from the November tech chat, they specifically said the the dish 1000 would not work in my area. so WTF do I have to have a tech come out. I am waiting for April anyway.

The system we use (CSG - Pretty much the standard system throughout the industry) will not allow any modifications to an account when there is an active work-order. This means changes to programming, activating receivers, etc. What we CAN do, is ask if you don't mind us cancelling the work order, activating it, then setting up the work order again - it may result in losing the original date, and it may not. They are SUPPOSED to ask you before you do it, but sometimes they just go for it if the date is very far out. Some of the techs also are not telling you if the date is cancelled, and they set it up for one nearby, so when that date comes, you suddenly discover it's set for a week later. They are NOT supposed to do that, and it makes life difficult for the rest of us. *grumble*

Gutter: As a business rule, we require the 622 to be installed by a "professional Installation Technician" before all is said and done. You probobly know how to hook it up yourself just fine, but just remember that some people also think they can hook it up just fine, and wind up using a regular TV splitter on a single cable that used to be for their 301 receiver, coming off a standard DP-Twin, to get the line into both Sat In ports. Which, of course, causes problems.

Last edited:
Doccers said:
...but just remember that some people also think they can hook it up just fine, and wind up using a regular TV splitter on a single cable that used to be for their 301 receiver, coming off a standard DP-Twin, to get the line into both Sat In ports. Which, of course, causes problems.
This isn't exactly related to this, but I have a question.

I just purchased a 942 to use with my old HD pack, and OTA HD, and in another thread, someone said that since I have a DPP-Twin-1, I can just put the DPP pro seperator that is included(with the 942) on the line that is currently going to my 811, and then hook the two cables coming from the DPP seperator to the 942.

Is that correct?

epsilon said:
There is, however, the question whether Dish would activate a 942 receiver at this time.
They will activate it.

1) If you are already subscribed to the old HD pack(like I am), you will also be able recieve the HD pack on your 942.
2) They will not(and cannot) sign you up for the old HD pack.
3) Even if you don't have the old HD pack, they will still activate the 942, and you can use it for all SD channels, and HD OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts