E* feed of WNBC NY HD Freezing, 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Hello,

Is anyone else having this problem? I have DVR'd Friday Night Lights and Andy Barker PI. Both are in HD on WNBC (NY channel 4), I can not finish either of these shows.

Friday Night lights freezes every 10 minutes and resets the box. I got through the most of Andy Barker and froze and reset at the end. I do not have any other issues with any other channel (SD and HD). Has anyone come across this? Man I wont be able to watch the finale of Friday Night Lights.

Edit

More Info

I just played a 30 Rock from the same week and I can't finish it's viewing either, it froze with five minutes to go. I'm going to let last nights Heroes marathon and see if a glitch happens. This is crazy, Voom, ESPN, TNT (shudder) all record and playback fine.

Last edited:
Man I'm stumped, It just reset again on last nights Heroes. It played Grey's Anatomy fine (abc hd). I did a memory dump, and am going back to test it.

I have npt had this problem on any of the NY HD channels for some time now. I did have it when I first got my 622 back in Feb of 06, but that has gone away for over a year now. What is you signal strength on 61.5 transponder 17 where the channels comes in from?

I have npt had this problem on any of the NY HD channels for some time now. I did have it when I first got my 622 back in Feb of 06, but that has gone away for over a year now. What is you signal strength on 61.5 transponder 17 where the channels comes in from?

Signal from 61.5 on TP 17 = 95.

The memory dump seems to work. I Just watched the finale of Friday Night Lights and the rest of that 30 rock episode with no interruptions.

Time to get some sleep, my 2 year old should be up in about 3 hours.

Since 2004 the memory dump has been a life savor on the 510 (DST issue), 522 (when it was super glitchy), and now 622.

Me, too...

Hi, Kaydigi,

I am having the same issue with the 622. I can't watch any of the HD NBC shows in New York because of the receiver freezing every five to ten minutes on a DVR'd show. It's gotten to the point that I am starting to record the shows on the SD feed.

You mentioned you did a "memory dump" on the receiver. What is that and will it be able to help my situation? Thanks...

Hi, Kaydigi,

I am having the same issue with the 622. I can't watch any of the HD NBC shows in New York because of the receiver freezing every five to ten minutes on a DVR'd show. It's gotten to the point that I am starting to record the shows on the SD feed.

You mentioned you did a "memory dump" on the receiver. What is that and will it be able to help my situation? Thanks...

I thought it was fixed with the memory dump. I tried to watch Heroes this morning and it happened again.

When you do a memory dump on the 622, you lose all your preferences (it sets the box back to default, but doesn't erase your shows).

You'll have to rescan your OTA channels (and reset the timers for it).

Menu 6,3, info, Right, Left After that press TV/video to dump the memory.

Honestly I would tell you don't bother and wait to see if the 4.04 update fixes this.

I thought it was fixed with the memory dump. I tried to watch Heroes this morning and it happened again.

When you do a memory dump on the 622, you lose all your preferences (it sets the box back to default, but doesn't erase your shows).

You'll have to rescan your OTA channels (and reset the timers for it).

Menu 6,3, info, Right, Left After that press TV/video to dump the memory.

Honestly I would tell you don't bother and wait to see if the 4.04 update fixes this.

404 is OTA. You said e* feed.

I didn't record the original shows but did record Heroes and viewed it with no problem (on L404). I happened to record both the OTA and satellite HD feed (I've been looking for audio problems). No problem with either.

Yes there is still a chance it can fix it. That's what I am asking.

Although not totally impossible, its HIGHLY unlikely that l404 will help you. Essentially it restarts the OTA tuner under certain conditions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts