E* HD-Lite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That post helps explain why the the last movie I was watching on HDNET Movies would explode in pixelation randomly through the movie, I guess.

dfergie said:
Sean Already has a thread about this... with the link....It's in the Voom Customer comments forum.

A lot of good that does us Dish customers. I guess after this month they'll start joining us here again. :)

Nascar in HD?

dfergie said:
Comparing E* and D* right now,(E* is slightly sharper on my set) there is not much difference in Pq... I'm watching my first nascar race in hd right now... and Uhd rocks... so far:)

I would think this is tough to do other than OTA since Charlie doesn't broadcast FOX in HD...

just reposting your attachment :)

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the quality of the Dish Network.
We have received your email and will be looking into the concerns you have
identified. Your comments are important to us. Through our own cutting edge
technology and your feedback, we will continue to improve the already
superior quality of our service.
This email address is primarily for service quality issues to aid the
Quality Assurance Team in the continuing effort of providing our customers
with the best possible picture and sound. While each comment is reviewed,
due to the amount of email that is directed to our mailbox, we can not
respond to each individually.
To better serve you, we also have the following electronic mail resources
that can be utilized:
Customer Service, billing and programming issues can be addressed to
feedback@echostar.com
Charlie Chat Questions or comments can be addressed to
charliechat@echostar.com
Our World Wide Web site contains a large amount of information that may also
assist you in getting your questions answered. Our web site is located on
the internet at <http://www.dishnetwork.com/>.
Again, thank you for the feedback.

Sincerely,
Dish Network Quality Assurance Team

Translated.
BFG said:
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the quality of the Dish Network. (So, you've noticed our quality sucks.) We have received your email and will be looking into the concerns you have identified. (We hear ya loud and clear buddy, don't be expecting any improvements soon, or ever.) Your comments are important to us. (We like to secretly make fun of comments like these during our lunch breaks.) Through our own cutting edge technology and your feedback, we will continue to improve the already superior quality of our service. (But, thanks to you, now we have to come up with more excuses to our bosses for why we are being paid.)

This email address is primarily for service quality issues to aid the Quality Assurance Team in the continuing effort of providing our customers with the best possible picture and sound. (Don't give this email address to your friends.) While each comment is reviewed, due to the amount of email that is directed to our mailbox, we can not respond to each individually. (We hate responding to these stupid customer emails, but only do so when our boss walks by, so consider yourself lucky fella.) To better serve you, we also have the following electronic mail resources that can be utilized: (Go bug some of these guys instead:)

Customer Service, billing and programming issues can be addressed to
feedback@echostar.com (Just send your messages here from now on.)
Charlie Chat Questions or comments can be addressed to
charliechat@echostar.com (Or, if you want to be made fun of live on national TV, use this address.)

Our World Wide Web site contains a large amount of information that may also assist you in getting your questions answered. (Try your damndest to find some useful, up to date information on our web site.) Our web site is located on the internet at <http://www.dishnetwork.com/>. Again, thank you for the feedback. (I thank you for making my lunch break so enjoyable today.)

Sincerely,
Dish Network Quality Assurance Team

and then tuxcoder can hack up my translation.

this is yet another multi-distributed that they sent to all the folks that bitched to them earlier....

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in the DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve
the quality of the DISH Network service.

We received numerous complaints on some of our High Definition services over
the weekend for the same general concerns that you shared. The Quality
Assurance Department has forwarded this information to the Compression
Department, and they are looking into it. We hope to have an answer from
them regarding our customers' concerns within a couple of days, and we will
email you back with their findings.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their
audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a
valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

I'm stuck with dish until my cable adds CBS, so they have control of me :(

Or if D* adds channels that I want i might pay the cost to convert...

Hopefully If we stay on top of things they wont let our Pq get worse... Still Standing tonight on Cbshd west on D* looks in between the Pq I get thru my Replay(from E*) downrezzed to 480p and Cbshd west on E*...(maybe not quite that bad but stilll)

Curtis0620 said:
Looking at HDTV's online, most of them are no better than 1280/768. So this wouldn't be an issue for most people.

Yes they can see it. You lose some PQ by simply converting from 1920x1080i to 1280 x 720p. When you downrezz the initial 1920x1080i to 1280x1080i and your 720p set further degades it by converting it, the softness of the picture is obvious.

vurbano said:
Yes they can see it. You lose some PQ by simply converting from 1920x1080i to 1280 x 720p. When you downrezz the initial 1920x1080i to 1280x1080i and your 720p set further degades it by converting it, the softness of the picture is obvious.

Won't your set do it anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)