E* Illegally Collected Virginia Sales Tax for the $250 942 Lease Equipment Upgrade

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
For those interested parties living in Virginia, E* has Illegally Collected Virginia Sales & Usage Tax for Leased Satellite Equipment...specifically, the $13.75 in taxes collected for the 942's $250 Lease Equipment Upgrade. I would recommend that all affected Virginia residents contact ceo@echostar.com in order to have the charges reversed. Supporting information:

E-mail from Echostar:

Thank you for your email. I have linked the certificate to you account so your friend Mr. xxxxx will receive his Club Dish Credits. I have also gone ahead and taken care of the charges for the taxes on the account and I apologize it has taken so long. If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to reply back to me or contacted me.
Thank you

Matt Kliewer
Executive Office
CEO E-MAIL

Initial Fax to Echostar:

See attached file.

Pertinent and Useful Links:

VOOM Increases Illegally Collected Sales Tax
Letter from the Commonwealth of Virginia, Office of the Attorney General

Good Luck et al...

Attachments

• EchoStar Fax on Tax.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 421
I just wanted to add that this problem does not appear to be a widespread as I had first suspected. Although it took me 60+ days and several phone calls, E* did, in fact, resolve this issue. Hopefully, this will save someone a little time and effort in recovering their $13.75.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts