E* --Inform Your Customers!

They don't even tell their own employees things. I have to rely on Satellite Guys for information about new features/channels. Most of the time they don't even mention things to us about upcoming features. I guess they don't think their technicians need to be informed. :confused:

I'd like to amen that.

That's very possible. Only Scott knows since he's the one in contact. He would know if it's just a lull or forced silence.

Here's what I foresee:

Announcing the NEW AT&T Dish Network. Now with over 80 HD channels and 110 HD channels by January 2008.

AT&T wants some thunder when they announce the take-over of E*

Here's what I foresee:

Announcing the NEW AT&T Dish Network. Now with over 80 HD channels and 110 HD channels by January 2008.

AT&T wants some thunder when they announce the take-over of E*

If they take-over. I have been watching CNBC, Bloomberg... and there has been almost no interest or coverage of this possible take-over/merger at all.

Yes, Scott & Co. keeps us informed about what E* is doing much more so than E* actually does. I remember the first Charlie Chat I saw and I thought I had tuned into some community service channel and there were two funeral directors talking about their business. As it turned out, two funeral directors talking business would have been better. :D

I did receive an automated voicemail from Dish about three days after they added TBS HD to their lineup to let me know.

That's an expensive way to make announcements, and to my knowledge it's the only time they've reached out to me to inform me of a new channel or feature.

Yes, Scott & Co. keeps us informed about what E* is doing much more so than E* actually does. I remember the first Charlie Chat I saw and I thought I had tuned into some community service channel and there were two funeral directors talking about their business. As it turned out, two funeral directors talking business would have been better. :D

That's classic!!

Has anybody ever seen Charlie and Jim DeFranco talking at the same time? Sometimes I wonder if DeFranco is really just a puppet sitting on Charlie's left knee.

Tivo sends out announcements of channels added/removed, service updates, etc. that open when you press the TiVo button to access any of the unit's options, you have to at least see the notice and either delete it or close it before you can proceed.

If they take-over. I have been watching CNBC, Bloomberg... and there has been almost no interest or coverage of this possible take-over/merger at all.

See I "kinda" have an inside scoop as my father-in-law has been a big wig for Bellsouth Entertainment in Atlanta for years, which of course now is AT&T. As far as I know he has mentioned nothing about a merger. In fact the last I heard he was going out of town to oversee the building of a new head in for North Carolina, for AT&T.....

Then again like it has been said everything could be so hush hush that noone really knows anything but the big names involved

DISH should put new services info and other announcements on a billboard when you turn on the receiver.

If DISH can have the BS billboard every once in a while that says "plug in your receiver to a phone line to avoid a monthly charge" when my receiver is already plugged in to a phone line, they should be able to put info billboards up when I turn on my receiver each morning.

That's very possible. Only Scott knows since he's the one in contact. He would know if it's just a lull or forced silence.

DISH is very aware of what's reported and what's not. Charlie I've heard is also aware of what Scott's informed of and not. If noone is hearing anything, that's probably intentional. It's not like business has come to a screeching halt (god, don't I wish...)

It's not like business has come to a screeching halt (god, don't I wish...)
Can you repeat that a few times. It seems people think that businesses stop functioning when there *might* be a change upcoming. I'm willing to bet that you're not telling people that you can't help them because AT&T is buying you and that Dish isn't adding any new HD channels because AT&T is buying you.

One important fact to consider: What if the deal falls through ? That's exactly why you do NOT put everything on hold.

I did receive an automated voicemail from Dish about three days after they added TBS HD to their lineup to let me know.

That's an expensive way to make announcements, and to my knowledge it's the only time they've reached out to me to inform me of a new channel or feature.

I thought I was the only one to get that call.

As a reflection on that..."you don't stop everything and put it on hold statement,"

I work for a company that just took over our company...They already held almost 50% of our company...however they were taking over 100%. The two companies at the time put a hold on all upgrades and future projects until the deal was finalized. Once the deal was finalized...It still took a few months to really see the positives with being under new ownership. Part of this could be an inventory thing if the deal is going ahead. Some could be a negotiating proccess and taking away people from what they usually do to supply to potential buyers what they see in the future on paper, charts etc. They is alot more to a buyout (if it is happening) then just "I like your company, how does 4 billion sound?" Good, lets go sign papers. There would also be FCC and FTC filings among many others that would need to be done to switch over all naming rights, ownerships, registrations , etc. This is by no means an easy proccess and if it is why things have come to a complete halt, that could be why. Companies also try to keep these secrect just in case deals do fall thorugh. Not to mention, if D* knew it was happening, it would probley be gearing up for new advertisement, and be able to get a jump on what they think Ma Bell would be doing. My personal thought...Lets wait and see. Can't stop it if it is coming and you wont effect what happens when or if it does happen, so everything i just a guess and is all for nothing other then speculation. <<<Waiting to see>>>

Don't forget that a major buyout generally has an associated "Quiet period" mandated by the SEC. It is illegal during this period to discuss anything about the merger, stock prices, major stock sales or purchases, and anything that would affect stock price. Most companies take a conservative approach and simply stop making any releases or new product introductions during this period (90 days)

That's after the buyout is publicly announced or after the companies ask for SEC approval. That hasn't happened.

...a quiet period extended from the time a company files a registration statement with the SEC until SEC staff declared the registration statement "effective." During that period, the federal securities laws limited what information a company and related parties can release to the public.
Quiet Period

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)