E-Mail Confirmation for Install on Wed......but doesn't list the 722K I asked for?

psdstu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Marianna, FL
In an earlier post I discussed coming back to DISH and being sked for install on 4 April.

When I called and spoke to the CSR I specifically asked for the 722K receiver which I will be leasing.

In the confirmation e-mail it says that I am sked to have a 622/722 receiver installed.

This is NOT what I asked for.

Is this something I should call and point out to the CSR?

Thanks

In an earlier post I discussed coming back to DISH and being sked for install on 4 April.

When I called and spoke to the CSR I specifically asked for the 722K receiver which I will be leasing.

In the confirmation e-mail it says that I am sked to have a 622/722 receiver installed.

Thanks

In our system, the 622/722/722k fall under the same receiver family (HD Duo DVR). Unfortunately, we can't guarantee one model over the other, but you can always ask the tech for the 722k, and I'm sure he'll install one if he has one.

psdstu said:

Thanks

The 622/722/722K are all considered the same class of receiver. I don't think the system is set up for installing a specific model, just a receiver of the appropriate class. It'll be dependent on what the installer has on his truck. If the installer shows up with something other than a 722K, you'll have the choice of accepting what he has or calling off the install.

I'm not sure if this would work, but you might want to consider ordering the receiver along with the OTA module that only works in the 722K. This might be a way of making the installer aware that the 722K is what is expected by the customer. Not 100% sure that that would really work, but it might improve yours odds.

In our system, the 622/722/722k fall under the same receiver family (HD Duo DVR). Unfortunately, we can't guarantee one model over the other, but you can always ask the tech for the 722k, and I'm sure he'll install one if he has one.

In my conversation with the CSR I made it clear that I wanted the 722K......not sure why DISH cannot accomodate this request.......nor why the DISH CSR failed to mention that DISH cannot control what receiver gets installed.

I will let the tech doing the install know that if he cannot provide the 722K I requested that I will cancel the install and he can move on to his next appt......not the techs fault as he would have no way of knowing that I specifically aksed for the 722K.

We will see how this goes.

Thanks.

When the tech calls to confirm the appointment, be sure and ask him if he has however many 722Ks you require on the truck. If not, cancel the install and re-schedule. It might be different in different areas, but just 2 years ago all they had in my area were pretty much 722Ks, so your probability of getting a 722K on the first attempt is pretty high, I would think.

It took 4 them appointments until I finally got my 722k's. 2 of those days I actually took off work to be there. Every time they assured me they had 722k's on the truck. They eventually sent the (4) receivers to my house directly from Dish via FedEx so I was sure they were here before I scheduled another install. This was with the help of a Matt K via twitter, before the DIRT team joined this forum.

When the tech calls to confirm the appointment, be sure and ask him if he has however many 722Ks you require on the truck. If not, cancel the install and re-schedule. It might be different in different areas, but just 2 years ago all they had in my area were pretty much 722Ks, so your probability of getting a 722K on the first attempt is pretty high, I would think.

Yes. I had several posts insisting in another thread you can't get a 722K other than by chance, but you most certainly can, especially taking this advice. Also keep in mind any receiver you get may be a refurbishment unit, don't let that deter you, isn't a problem some would argue a better chance of no problems.

When I upgraded to HD, I used a local retailer hoping it would be easier to get the exact receiver I asked for, but even then, there was a disconnect between the receptionist in their office and the installation tech. He didn't have the specific model on his truck when he arrived (I'm pretty sure I asked him about it when he called to verify the arrival time, but he may have thought he did have one on his truck). It took almost another week of him going back and forth with the supplier / warehouse to get the model I wanted and have it installed.

It took 4 them appointments until I finally got my 722k's. 2 of those days I actually took off work to be there. Every time they assured me they had 722k's on the truck. They eventually sent the (4) receivers to my house directly from Dish via FedEx so I was sure they were here before I scheduled another install. This was with the help of a Matt K via twitter, before the DIRT team joined this forum.

As noted above the DIRT team doesn't seem to be able to intervene to ensure I get the receivers I have requested. I am hoping that the installer will have what I had requested...... if not.....and I have to reschedule.....do I reschedule with DISH.....or with the installer???

Thanks

From what I encountered when installing Dish was every 722 we installed was a 722K. If the tech states he does not have a 722K on his truck then request that he contact his FSM stat to have one either delivered as he does the install or for the tech himself to drive back to the shop to pick one up. Every truck is required to have extra equipment so as not to let a job go down. If it's a lazy tech and you feel he is b-s'ing you then ask for his FSM's cell number and office number. That right there will get you taken care of!

From what I encountered when installing Dish was every 722 we installed was a 722K. If the tech states he does not have a 722K on his truck then request that he contact his FSM stat to have one either delivered as he does the install or for the tech himself to drive back to the shop to pick one up. Every truck is required to have extra equipment so as not to let a job go down. If it's a lazy tech and you feel he is b-s'ing you then ask for his FSM's cell number and office number. That right there will get you taken care of!

May have been true for you, it doesn't seem to be true for most anyone else. There are plenty of posts from Techs who can not just get a 722K because they want to, in fact I would say the 722 is reported to be installed more than the 722K. That's the whole reason people are asking how to get a 722K specifically. It can be done, but you have to be persistent sometimes. It really isn't a lazy installer.

Just wanted to update my post and say that the installer did bring 722K, and left me with both remotes.

I also had him install a Sling adapter.

Overall the install went real well and I was pleased with the way everything turned out.

I'm looking forward to the day when Dish can provide my missing CBS and PBS in HD and then I can finally give cable the boot.

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to the day when Dish can provide my missing CBS and PBS in HD and then I can finally give cable the boot.
Now that you have the 722k, you can get the OTA module and get CBS and PBS HD via an antenna now, provided you are within reach of their OTA signals. Buh bye cable.

Just wanted to update my post and say that the installer did bring 722K, and left me with both remotes.

I also had him install a Sling adapter.

Overall the install went real well and I was pleased with the way everything turned out.

Thanks.

I'm glad that you did get the 722k :D

As mentioned, you may be able to pick up your local CBS in HD via OTA if you are within range. You can check one of these links to see if you are.

AntennaWeb - Home
TV Fool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)