E-Mail Theft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Scott,

I have been very supportive of your wonderful community since its inception. I just need to know if you provided my email address to PanSat Direct. Either free or for a fee? I only inquire because I have my E-Mail address hidden from public view, BUT I received a solicitation from PanSat Direct in my INBOX on 09/29/05 at 01:29AM ET. If my E-Mail address is not in public view AND if you did not willingly provide the information to PanSat, then there is a possibility that your database has been hacked and personal information obtained by someone. But, maybe I missed a term and condition that indicated that this will happen, but I don't think so.

Just giving you a heads up!

I got the same one.

I believe many of our addresses were harvested a while back when one of the other servers at SG's ISP was compromised. It's the same site that spammed us the last time with a new domain name.

Look where the forums link goes and it's the same place.

Shawn

learking mostly

I don't post often (as this is mainly for American systems and I have Bell Expressvu). But I often read the threads here. :)

I also got an email solicitation from them and figured it was the result of a satellite forums site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)