E* NHL Hockey Playoffs HD Plans

NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
Couple of things to ponder

Will we get VS HD turned on for the playoffs? ( I think this was shown on NHLHD 9463 last year)

Will we get RSN HD turned on for the playoffs?

I'm in Western NY, so luckily I will have CBC OTA HD for some of the games. But, I would really like to see VS HD access again this year.

Anyone have anything to offer

I emailed the company this morning -
Basically, they said that they are considering carrying the NHL playoff games on VS in HD as they did last year, but have not yet reached a decision. They said that they might know more in a day or two.
Lets hope they carry them!!!!!

I emailed the company this morning -
Basically, they said that they are considering carrying the NHL playoff games on VS in HD as they did last year, but have not yet reached a decision. They said that they might know more in a day or two.
Lets hope they carry them!!!!!

I will second that idea :) My question is why doesnt E* have Versus HD in the first place ?

versus hd is nice except if your hometeam, for some reason hometeam blackout

kinda like espn does ie espn2 hd coverage last night of twins blacked out here
thankfully there were no blackouts on bell lastnight thanks sportsnet hd

Great news!

per the latest email from E* -

"Great news! I just received word that we will be carrying the NHL
playoffs in HD on the Versus channel."

THANK YOU DISHNETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

per the latest email from E* -

"Great news! I just received word that we will be carrying the NHL
playoffs in HD on the Versus channel."

THANK YOU DISHNETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Awesome! :cool:

And I second that....Thank You, DishNetwork! :)

And, if you're paying attention, my wish list is really counting on getting HD on Center Ice also. ;)

How many games does the VS channel carry during the playoffs? More in earlier rounds or late rounds?

Reason I ask is I currently have the NHL Center Ice package to see all the Wing's games. I also don't receive the VS channel because I have AT200. I want to know when I should switch my package so I don't miss any playoff games.

Versus in HD for the playoffs would be great. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette broke down the how the networks get the game a while ago. Here in Pittsburgh, it sounds like VS. will only be taking a couple games from FSN in the early rounds, but after that it is all VS or NBC. It would have been nice if Dish could have gotten us FSN in HD before the playoffs.

"Playoffs on TV

In the likely event they make it, most Penguins games in the first two rounds of the playoffs will be carried by FSN.

Here's how the NHL playoff coverage works.

In the first round, NBC has the ability to take up to two weekend games for exclusive coverage. All other Penguins games will be on FSN. In the second round, NBC has the right to take two weekend games and Versus has the right to take two games. All other Penguins games will be on FSN.

In all likelihood, no more than one game in each round would be taken from FSN.

After the second round, all games will be on Versus or NBC. Versus is available on the basic package to customers of Comcast, the region's largest cable provider. On Armstrong, the region's No. 2 provider, Versus is available only to digital-plus customers."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07044/761652-194.stm

How many games does the VS channel carry during the playoffs? More in earlier rounds or late rounds?

Reason I ask is I currently have the NHL Center Ice package to see all the Wing's games. I also don't receive the VS channel because I have AT200. I want to know when I should switch my package so I don't miss any playoff games.

I have AT200 also - considering adding VS just for the playoffs. My RSNs came on yesterday (no programming yet) so I hope to see the Ducks in HD. Too late for the Kings :(

Last year most of the Wings playoff games were only on VS.
Last year E* did not have VS on for a few of the palyoff games and I had to go to a bar to see them.
I have not seen any info on the VS web site, I just checked it but based on last year I would not have much hope that CI will have any Wings games.

Versus will start off the series on April 11th, and will be carrying alot, which of course will be blocked on CI, but the exact schedule hasn't been released yet. I'd upgrade now, just in case your wings start off.

Versus statement (PDF file):

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/pdfs/nhl_versus.pdf

At least, everyone is happy in this hockey forum with Dish but not in the baseball extra inning one. I may trade my favorite sport to NHL so I can watch it in HD. Let me start watching a couple of games so I'm getting ready for the playoff. Now, let's pick a team, penguins sound good, chilling.

Who knows what VS will do with the playoffs in the first round this year. Last year all Wings first round games were on VS. It wasn't until VS was back on Dish, after a few games into the playoffs, when I could watch them. I was in agony.

As most of you hockey fans know Detroit is the #1 team when it comes to number of fans at visiting arenas. This may have had some bearing on last year's decision by VS to show all Wings games against Edmonton.

Confused About Where to Find Games

Will Ducks playoff games be on my local FSN affiliate? I don't have CI and I'm going to bump up my package to get VS, but I thought that local games were still on my local affiliate. That would be good because maybe I'd see some in HD now that they've added them in my area.

I already see that VS has their proposed hockey schedule in the guide, but nothing for FSN.

Will Ducks playoff games be on my local FSN affiliate? I don't have CI and I'm going to bump up my package to get VS, but I thought that local games were still on my local affiliate. That would be good because maybe I'd see some in HD now that they've added them in my area.
correct. The games featuring your local team will be on locally (either OTA or a RSN)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts