E* to D* Specific Questions on 10-250, R15 Please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dave26262

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
I am scheduled to switch from Dish Network to Directv on Feb 22. i have been with Dish for 3 years but they refuse to carry the YES Network, and NFL Sunday Ticket. My question is if i have the HD DVR 10-250 and the R15. do you really need a phone line connected at all times. i don't have it on my dish 510 and i still get full dvr functions and the program guide (via the satellite). For the program guide does it come through the phone line TIVO (10-250) R15 or will it come from the satellite. thank you

Have you lost your mind? You want less HD channels? and all of them bandwidth starved downrezzed CRAP?

no i have not lost my mind, it's all about content(the Voom channels are a cheap answer to HD programing) not how many hd channels we can get. At least D* is willing to spend 3.5 BILLION (YES BILLION) dollars to get exclusive rights to the NFL. we all know cheap charlie would never do such a thing! my question however has nothing to do with HD programing.

with the tivo you need a phone line for the first call after that No you do not need a phone line, with the R-15 you do not need a phone like AT ALL(out side of PPV)

Last edited:
and PPV can be ordered via computer at no additional charge.

welcome to directv, you wont regret it.

3.5 billion for ST PLUS over a billion in new sats (4 count em) that is a huge investment in the future. i dont see ergen spending $$$$ like that on new birds.

thanks for the answers on the 10-250 and R15.

verbano:

why so much anger towards D* . do you have cable, E*, or C band???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts