E* to raise rates again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
E* is planning on another rate increase :( I realize that with the new infrastructure and more satellites being launched this increases operating expenses. But I think they should improve operating efficiency and not just add a couple of more dollars to everyone's bill.

I own two businesses and I know how much wasted material, payroll expenses, and how even the accountants don't always get all of your company's deductions taken off.

You could only imagine how much money a big company like E* could save by efficiency improvements.

They do provide good service, but increasing the rates again is closing the gap between cable service and satellite providers.

Maybe not enough competition? DIR***V is also planning a second quarter rate hike. Interesting that both companies that were once going to merge are rate hiking in the same time frame. (ceo's spending too much time on the same golf course huh?)

Both companies especially E* was trashing AT&T, Comcast, Time for their hikes in the past. I think customers should complain bitterly. I don't expect my premium tv channels to be free, but i expect a fair and stable price. :mad:

Don't get me wrong, I am not a cable advocate nor would I even have it in my home, but the sat companies need to be careful not to fall into the same trap the cable companies have fell into. It seems that the satellite companies are moving toward the high end niche while the cable companies are going after the lunch bucket crowd. I do not want to see satellite service creep up and get so expensive that only the upper class could afford it. It should be cheap enough and offer a package that most any working person could afford.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)