E2 Error Reading on V Box III Today - But Got the Problem Fixed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Happy new year everyone. Up here in Winnipeg, Canada it has been very cold these last couple of weeks ie 25 to 30 degrees below zero at night. Yesterday I tried to move my 12 Ft Mesh Dish with the Actuator from its default position on Satellite 97.0W over to 99.0W and kept getting a E2 error indication on the V Box III. I thought oh no the Actuator must be frozen up, as I haven't been using the Dish a lot since the cold weather hit us. Tried again today when the sun came out and same problem occurred - E2 on the V Box. Even tried cycling the Actuator one click at a time but Nothing!!

Sometimes the Simple Things Can Cause the Problem!!
Now we have been doing a major clean up lately, ie dusting , vacumming, etc, so I had a look at the wiring on the Back of the V Box III and discovered that one of the 4 wires had fallen off of those flimsy V Box clips. Connected the bottom Red wire back on and I am back in business with the Dish and Actuator which is performing as good as can be expected for our very cold weather. So sometimes look for the simple things before going outside!! Hope this helps someone with similar problems.

Yea, I saw it posted here on the forum one time:
E2 means the box tried to move the dish, and didn't get any pulses back from the reed switch.
So, broken reed switch wire, broken motor wire, or . . .

Congrats on a quick fix! - :up

I recall with great fondness when you got that dish and took it home.
Isn't this the one which was already disassembled on some fellows roof?
Your photos were so clear, we easily identified all the bolts 'n nuts from your pictures! - :)
And I think we called out all the other dishes on that roof, with recommendations on which to snag while you were there.

Yea, I saw it posted here on the forum one time:
E2 means the box tried to move the dish, and didn't get any pulses back from the reed switch.
So, broken reed switch wire, broken motor wire, or . . .

Congrats on a quick fix! - :up

I recall with great fondness when you got that dish and took it home.
Isn't this the one which was already disassembled on some fellows roof?
Your photos were so clear, we easily identified all the bolts 'n nuts from your pictures! - :)
And I think we called out all the other dishes on that roof, with recommendations on which to snag while you were there.

Thanks Anole yes that truly was an amazing time 2.5 years ago. And I couldn't have done it without all the help from you guys, ie yourself , Linuxman, Lak 7, and many others. Boy was that ever a learning curve!!

The first time we saw the 12 footer Mesh Dish it was already taken down from its mount, but we had to remove and lower everything using ropes off of that flat roof of a 2 story huge house out in the outskirts of Winnipeg. We separated the Dish into 2 halves and loaded it up with all of the Parts on my friends 94 Corolla on a wooden Car Mount, and moved it to my place completely across the city. Paid the guy $100.00 for everything but it also included a working Uniden 9900 Receiver and outboard Power Supply which I am still using today. Maybe this was too much but I don't regret the purchase!

Hand Digging 3 - 52 inch holes and filling them with readycrete concrete was the hardest part for the Dish's steel tripod. But that 12 ft. Dish has been rock solid ever since. I was even lucky enough to fine a welder to weld 4 nuts on the dish shaft to hold it in place during high winds. The Dish tracks very accurately on the West side from 58.0W and over to 127.0W, I can even get Alaska channels on 139.0W but still need to finetweak to get PBS on 125.0W which I so far have not succeeded in capturing, but maybe in the future??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)