Early 622 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
Ordered 622 on 4-1-06 recieved 622 4-6-06, had install scheduled for 4-11-06 between 12 and 5pm. The install company called yesterday to confirm. Installer called this morning and asked if he could come early, I said yep. So I was up and running shortly after noon. Only problem was getting 622 to download info and software and the installer was a newbie (3 weeks on the job). So after two attemps at running switch check and having both work but download did nothing I suggested that he disconnect the cables from switch to box and run a switch check to clear the matrix, he did this and then started over with cables re-attached, that did the trick. At this point all is working well, tried an auto record and an auto tune and both worked fine. I just played with a recorded movie and all seems to work, so I am a happy camper to this point.

3 weeks on the job....... definitely not a dns tech as they are under a 6 week training period and wont go out solo until they pass a written test and an observed solo install.

Oh well! All's well that ends well, the kid called his boss for help and he got none.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)