Early subscriber STB replacement

My installation work order says the serial # is 0698473345000445. Just another thing to be confused about--but that will pass. There are 2 more serial numbers listed, and I have no idea what they are for. One is for "NDS SC" and the other is for "UA". I suppose I could call the installer to find out what they are, but he didn't speak Engish too well.

NDS SC is the smart card number....thats the little credit card in the middle slot on the front of the reciever (push door to open) and the other number is the unit address that they use to talk to your reciever

Afte plenty of Factory Reset, power cycle and called VOOM and their Technical Support did a refresh and also took the receiver off line and put it back, unplugged receiver and all a lot of frustration, I can only conclude two things. Either the receiver is bad or the OTA module is bad.

I put another service call for this coming saturday and hopefully they will bring another receiver.

New receiver coming next week

I got a call from Voom today and they would like to change my receiver next week. Will there be any improvements with the new receiver?

Acerone said:
I got a call from Voom today and they would like to change my receiver next week. Will there be any improvements with the new receiver?

Good luck Chris. I was happy with my old one and now I have no OTA. I waiting for another one. Hopefully, will get it tomorrow.

BTW, faster navigation through the menu.

I can't tell any difference with my new boxes. I had to do a power reboot on one of them to get my local channels but not the other. The new boxes have not froze yet.

Other than that I can not tell the difference. The new boxes have the same software version as the old ones.

I've got my replacement box on Saturday. Don't see much difference compared to the previous one. The same software version, the same bugs, the same OTA reception. Had 3 lockups already: all when switching channels (I think this is a software bug, though). The signal strength on satellite channels actually went down from 71-72 I was getting before, to 61-63, but this doesn't seem to affect the signal quality.

First, I thought the channel navigation became twice faster, but then I realized that the box was set to 720p. And I know that channel navigation is always faster in 720p mode. When I switched to 1080i it returned to the usual 6-second delay.

The only way I can tell this is a newer box:
1. The software is pre-loaded: there's no need to do the 20-minute download.
2. All OTA channels worked without requiring a factory reset. (My previous 2 STBs both required a factory reset to get some of the OTA channels.)

Other than that, don't see any difference.

P.S. Never had to do the factory reset on this box. Will try to keep it this way! ;)

New Receiver

Fact channels changes with the new receiver that Voom replaced. No local channels though :( I was told to give it 15 mins for the info to download so I'll wait and see.

Try this

Acerone said:
No local channels yet so Voom has to replace my box again, so I'm out of my local channels until who knows when.

Go into system maitenance/installation and look for the trip counter. If the trip counter is 0 then call Voom for a hit and wait until the trip counter is greater than 4. Once the trip counter is greater than 4 then in about 20-30min you should have your channels. If not then there may be a problem with the firmware in the receiver.

Bill

VOOM Receiver Swapout Done Today

I became a Voomer back on Dec. 27th and have only had a couple of lockups with the original receiver that has required a reset since then.

My wife called early this morning and said a gentleman left a message for me to call him to schedule a receiver swap. I returned his call about 10 this morning and he said he was in the area doing a VOOM install and wanted to come by today if possible.

He met me at home at 12:30. I already had the old unit out and ready for the new one to go in. I think most of you guys are like me and don't want anyone messing with your components so that's why I met him. He used the phone to call for the activation process and after a 10 min. wait on hold I was good to go again. He did tell me that the hardest part was trying to get through on the activation line. He said it took him almost 30 mins. one day last week to get through. I took this as a good sign that Voom installs were up as of lately thus the long wait times. Back in Dec. it didn't take the installer but about 5 mins to get through.

Anyway I had to go back to work and didn't have a chance to check out any differences in the operation of the unit. I just hope I am not like some of you that has been thru a swap out already and now have more problems with the new one than the older one.

Rick

Me Too

I am supposed to get 1 of my receivers swaped out on Sat. the 20th. Like you I have to many components and cables and will remove and install the box myself.

We will see if it fixes my channel out of sync problem.

Bill

had mine swapped this morning.

guy didnt touch a thing. just came gave me the box and made the phone call. My cables are confusing for me, he wouldnt have figured out what goes where.

what connections are on the back of the VOOM receiver

Does anyone have a picture of the connections on the back of a VOOM motorola receiver ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)