East Coast Nets & Showtime UPDATE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is the SR on my 922, 11.71. I also notice that the signal is weak and I have a 12 foot dish. That could be a factor also for those having trouble.

Attachments

• SRLnet.jpg
    SRLnet.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 118
I was just trying this - W3 isn't in my list of satellites! Neither is GB!

so did showtime convert their master feeds to dvb s2 to send HD channels to the headends?

Showtime is using a number of methods at this time. They have some DC2 compatible with 4dtv for SD, some combo mode DC2 for HD and some DVB-S2 muxes for HD.
I would not be surprised if over time they switched everything to DVB-S2.

Tmair, can you go to W3 and do the option 6,0,1 and tell us what FEC rate your seeing.
No problem I am seeing 11.71, and right now I am getting a quality of 56.
So the 920s can't process this FEC rate? I do have a 922, and a 7.5' mesh dish, with C and Ku band Feed horn, which as I understand it interfers with the siginal quality.
Terry

Just mapped in GB - discovered a whole bunch of channels I didn't know I could get!!!

Looks like my tracking is off though.

Hello,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on Showtime. SRL has been informed by both Showtime and Motorola that ALL Showtime services will be leaving 4DTV as of June 30th. We were led to believe that the W5 Hits versions would stay but now understand that the standard feeds on C3/G0 along with the W5 versions via Hits will go dark. This isn't the outcome we wanted nor expected but we will continue to remain loyal to the big dish.

I wonder if Showtime is just plain on it's way out all together, as I said before Red Box, and Netflix has got to be takeing there toll, and don't forget Amazon.com's screening room, I have a bunch of Movies that I ripped from my collection on my computer using Windows 7 and my XBox 360 I can stream these to my TV, they are DVD quality, just like having on demand, and using another program called playon I can stream HULU through my Xbox 360 to my TV, with things like these pay movie channels might be obsolete before the 4Dtv!
Terry

Hello,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on Showtime. SRL has been informed by both Showtime and Motorola that ALL Showtime services will be leaving 4DTV as of June 30th. We were led to believe that the W5 Hits versions would stay but now understand that the standard feeds on C3/G0 along with the W5 versions via Hits will go dark. This isn't the outcome we wanted nor expected but we will continue to remain loyal to the big dish.

HOLY CRAP!

This is not good news.

Are Showtime going away?

What is the REAL deal?

Why would they give up on us and ONLY support Charlie/Dave/Cable?

My guess is that Showtime is going to dump the SD feeds and stick with HD only uplinks. So that in turn gives HITS a reason to remove them off the W5 transponder. The bandwidth Comcast is using on W5 could be better utilized by employing Mpeg4. Also remember 4DTV is the secondary user, HITS (W5) is meant for suppling cable company head ends with programming as its primary function.

Nothing sinister is going on here.

Showtime has a poor selection of movies and is loosing revenue. I think there on there way out. There probably trying to cut costs. Motorola's technology and tier bit access is not the cheapest way out there.

My guess is that Showtime is going to dump the SD feeds and stick with HD only uplinks. So that in turn gives HITS a reason to remove them off the W5 transponder. The bandwidth Comcast is using on W5 could be better utilized by employing Mpeg4. Also remember 4DTV is the secondary user, HITS (W5) is meant for suppling cable company head ends with programming as its primary function.

This makes business sense.

My guess is that Showtime is going to dump the SD feeds and stick with HD only uplinks. So that in turn gives HITS a reason to remove them off the W5 transponder. The bandwidth Comcast is using on W5 could be better utilized by employing Mpeg4. Also remember 4DTV is the secondary user, HITS (W5) is meant for supplying cable company head ends with programming as its primary function.

I think the DCII HITS services on W5 will be there for some time to come. They made this move to C-band just a few years ago, and Skyvision seems to be doing fine with the W5, DSR-410 systems. I believe the 410 and HITS will last beyond the 905/920/922's.

I think the DCII HITS services on W5 will be there for some time to come. They made this move to C-band just a few years ago, and Skyvision seems to be doing fine with the W5, DSR-410 systems. I believe the 410 and HITS will last beyond the 905/920/922's.

I don't know if the 410 will last any longer than the 4DTV. I do believe that the W5 channels will be the last ones left. Maybe a few others here and there. I was looking at HITS other feeds in combo on AMC-4. If we only had a receiver that we could use to subscribe to those. Maybe some how we will be able to use a newer Starchoice box to at least see the combo stuff when its in FP. Have you ever seen any HITS combo stuff FP with your Digitrans? BTW Euro how is the picture quality on the combo channels you have seen? I may be in the market for a 4800 or some clone in the future just to view FP combo.

Have you ever seen any HITS combo stuff FP with your Digitrans? BTW Euro how is the picture quality on the combo channels you have seen? I may be in the market for a 4800 or some clone in the future just to view FP combo.
I've seen one mux in combo mode but I can't remember which one. I do remember the quality was comparable to the other commercial DCII stuff up there. It's all about how much they can fit on a transponder. Now master feeds in HD on C-band are the absolute best I've ever seen, although PBS on AMC-21 comes pretty close sometimes. The Digitrans is cool though, it can get 'em all- DCII or DVB and 4:2:2 SD (or HD with the HDD-1000). No dvb s2 though. The price was right too, I think I paid like 70 bucks for it! :D:up

I've seen one mux in combo mode but I can't remember which one. I do remember the quality was comparable to the other commercial DCII stuff up there. It's all about how much they can fit on a transponder. Now master feeds in HD on C-band are the absolute best I've ever seen, although PBS on AMC-21 comes pretty close sometimes. The Digitrans is cool though, it can get 'em all- DCII or DVB and 4:2:2 SD (or HD with the HDD-1000). No dvb s2 though. The price was right too, I think I paid like 70 bucks for it! :D:up

70 Bucks! :eek: you stole it at that price. I guess the cool thing about it is it does combo and other DC-2. DVB Mpeg 2, 4:2:2 and HD I can get now with the Visionsat. But it's all about if the programmers open up to see them. If they do most people don't have the equipment or scan allot looking for it. So we could miss an event. I do scan daily 3 muxes with my 4D using generic maps. (don't want to say which ones here in an open area) Most of the time when they open they come and go before anyone even knows or is posted to special places ;). So I guess it would be the same with scanning for combo you would have to be diligent at scanning your favorites to know and actually see something.

If I had the cash I would like to get one of the new commercial DC-2 boxes that do S2, H264, Mpeg 4. Now that would be the cat's meow.

Still there is nothing like the masters, they are such a treat when there open :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts