East Coast SIRIUS Signal...again

DogGoneIT said:
Something is definitely not right in my location (Springfield, MA)
While my home unit seems much better of late (terrestrial signal has been very solid), I get nothing from the satellite signal in the car.
I have tried with two different units and four different antennas and all I get is an occasional blip on SAT. If I lose the TER signal, it’s dead air.
SIRIUS must be streaming their feed to repeaters on land lines!
sound like you have a bad antenna/ the plug is not all the way in.

I live in the woods in NH and I have been getting great signal, In the car and on the road until yesterday evening when I was driving home, It cut out several times where It never cuts out, no trees, no obstructions hmmm.

another issue that happened to me:
I have an audiovox PNP unit, I also have the boom box, one day transfering the audiovox from the boom box to the car, when I installed it into the car dock something happened to the antenna connector in the back of the radio (I"ll take the blame for it) one of the pieces of metal bent and it must of been shorting it out (or something) and I lost the signal. I checked everything before I finally removed the radio looked at the back and saw the the damage.:mad:

P.S.
I now use a terk outdoor antenna for my boom box and the reception is excellent.

I'm also in PHX and have had no reception problems (sat). I've noticed that within about a 10 mile radius of the airport that the sat signal drops to nothing and terrestrial takes over. The transition is seamless though, as it should be.

Shawn

charper1 said:
Is it mounted in the window sill?
How in the world does this get a clear and unobstructed view to the sky and in the proper orientation? You also can't just hang it out of a window either.

TER - 10 Bars. The repeater signal has been fine this week. My issue is trying to locate a satellite signal in the car.

I've taken the unit outside clear of all obstacles (powered from an extension cord) searching for a satellite signal…there is none. There is no satellite signal anywhere in my five mile commute. Two units, four antennas, all the same.

charper1 said:
Where? I am looking and its no where on the main pages?

http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=8d80605e923d3f13569e8029143feb95

I count 13 signal issues on the first page!

Here's one from Newton MA:

So far this week, I have had 3 TER bars, today as well, but I havent heard one bit of radio today. My antenna is in the same place....what gives......the weather? too many people hitting the same TER repeater as I am ?
This is horrible.....I know my limitation is the antenna placement, but I have heard 2 days in a row, now nothing......

Anyone else in MA having the same problem...?

Last edited:
OK, good news...10 bars on SAT in the car this morning, first time in a week.

So my hardware is fine, and the transmission, for what ever reason, is intermittent. Can any experts give an explaination?