East/West Feeds.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
I will be getting Dish shortly.
Now from a few members that I know here that are on anothe forum. From what they've mentioned there is NO TIME SHIFYTING.

Ok I assume this applies to the US nets ir ABC CBS etc, but does also apply toi Showtime, HBO and other 'specialty(i think thats what there called in the US)does thois also apply to them?

The reason I ask us I;m in Canafda(not sure how this will effect me or what US nets I will getr) but I'm going for the 'everything package the one thats $85+. Anyway not having Dish or living the US not sure of the'carriage rules' on what exacxtly you can receive. I know there is some issue with local nets & HD but not sure what they are, As for HD though I have a HD set won;t be opting for HD with Dish.

Any help would be helpful/

TOM :)

In general (with some exceptions), channels do NOT have East & West feeds (...and I remember how sweet this was in the "old days" of C-Band & the BUD).

However, with DVRs, there is no need for East & West feeds - you just do your own time-shifting. I'd never give up my DVR now to go back to C-band (even with the great PQ & the East & West feeds).

I thought U.S. Sat companies are prohibited from providing service in Canada. I thought it was illegal. In fact, U.S. sats can't legally provide service outside the U.S. except for places like Puerto Rico, etc. One problem is the lack of rights from the content providers to retransmit their signals anyplace but the U.S. and approved territories. Then there are the trade agreements. Perhaps I remember it wrong. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks.

I thought U.S. Sat companies are prohibited from providing service in Canada. I thought it was illegal. In fact, U.S. sats can't legally provide service outside the U.S. except for places like Puerto Rico, etc. One problem is the lack of rights from the content providers to retransmit their signals anyplace but the U.S. and approved territories. Then there are the trade agreements. Perhaps I remember it wrong. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks.

True

But
Its Grey Market not Black(hacking)

Its the same as the Star Choice/Bell Expressvu users in the US. Not suppose to be.

But as long your paying for it, whats the diff?

Beside US TV is the Best Canadian Tv SUCKS BIG TIME.

As far locals, most are now on spotbeam and dish will only sell your local market. The packages for HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime all have some east and west coast feeds as part of their packages. No need to pick one over the other and timeshifting is a non-issue.

for time shifted nets ABC NBC CBS FOX dish has that optional service available for about 10 bucks a month. sice canada is a fake address anyway a fake address for nets is trivial

for time shifted nets ABC NBC CBS FOX dish has that optional service available for about 10 bucks a month. sice canada is a fake address anyway a fake address for nets is trivial

But, to add one a couple things BH neglected to tell you...

-E* took the west coast nets (LA) OFF of CONUS & moved them to a spot beam, so you will NOT be able to get them up in Canada. The ONLY nets still on CONUS are Denver, Chicago & NY. There is ONLY a 1 hour time difference between Denver & the others, so it's NOT much of a time-shift advantage.

-E* can NO longer put true DNS service on an account, REGARDLESS of your address. If you REALLY want DNS (ie: TWO sets of networks) you'll need to deal with AllAmerican Direct & set up an account to get Atlanta & San Fran netsworks via your E* system. You will have to give them a legit US address that qualifies for DNS service. (white area) They are a totally separate company from E* & the ONLY thing the 2 have in common is that AAD transmitts their service over E* satellite & receivers.

As others told you, the DVR is a BETTER time shifter than trying to get multiple networks on your account. (unless you want multiple accounts ;) ;) )

Thanks Guys for all the replies

As for the US nets not sure which I will get. But as I have Rogers Cable with time shifting I get Seattle for west & Detroiyt for east. My concern was more for the Movie netorks and "specialty ie SCI-FI, HGTV stations luke that.

but that again. Like I said not sure whiich sret of net I will get. The New York ones sound interesring since I all ready get WPIX on Rogers.

TOM :)

True

But
Its Grey Market not Black(hacking)

Its the same as the Star Choice/Bell Expressvu users in the US. Not suppose to be.

But as long your paying for it, whats the diff?

Beside US TV is the Best Canadian Tv SUCKS BIG TIME.

I thought it was what you said, but wasn't certain. Thanks for the clarification.:)

Just to clarify - not talking about the four major networks - Yes - Dish does carry the East/ West feed if the channel has them. For some of the movie channels, (HBO, HBOW...) Nick, NickW etc.. Some channels do not supply an East/West feed such as USA, TNT .......
If you can get the All American network distants, they will have stations from Atlanta and San Francisco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)