Eastern Arc and the Caribbean

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
I have been reading some posts about the Eastern Arc and from what I've understand, it's an all MPEG4 service which I guess means more channels, less satellites (since MPEG4 compression is better), right?

We down here (in Puerto Rico) need 2 antennas for 110/119, I want to get HD, so I would need another one for 61.5. Is there any chance that in the near future (e.g. SOON) HD essentials+AT250 could be received only with 110/119? I don't care about locals, here they kind of suck.

I have been reading some posts about the Eastern Arc and from what I've understand, it's an all MPEG4 service which I guess means more channels, less satellites (since MPEG4 compression is better), right?

We down here (in Puerto Rico) need 2 antennas for 110/119, I want to get HD, so I would need another one for 61.5. Is there any chance that in the near future (e.g. SOON) HD essentials+AT250 could be received only with 110/119? I don't care about locals, here they kind of suck.

Short answer no.You will need a 6' Dish for 61.5 in order to avoid fading issues from here.

yeah a number of hd channels are on 61.5 or 129... not enough info to know where we'll point for this new eastern arc stuff.. the assumptions so far at 61.5 to 77, but who knows..

Scifi MPEG4/HD (9432) and USA Network MPEG4/HD (9431) are on transponder 17 on the 110 degrees orbital location. They have enough strong signal strength to get the channels with a 4 foot dish in the Puerto Rico area. Dish should add them to the Puerto Rico HD Pak.

Ok now that we know that Eastern Arc comes from 61.5 72.7 and 77 degrees, anyone knows if we will still need 3 dishes to get them? I guess we can get 61.5 and 72.7 from one since they have almost the same separation between 110 and 119. What about 1 dish for 72.7 and 77? Would that be possible?

Another question, is Dish the only one that makes DPP LNBs? We here in PR still use legacy stuff (LNBs,switches). I wish I could use DPP equipment but I would have to do some hacking and cutting to fit the dish LNBs into the antennas we use down here.

Ok now that we know that Eastern Arc comes from 61.5 72.7 and 77 degrees, anyone knows if we will still need 3 dishes to get them? I guess we can get 61.5 and 72.7 from one since they have almost the same separation between 110 and 119. What about 1 dish for 72.7 and 77? Would that be possible?

Another question, is Dish the only one that makes DPP LNBs? We here in PR still use legacy stuff (LNBs,switches). I wish I could use DPP equipment but I would have to do some hacking and cutting to fit the dish LNBs into the antennas we use down here.

To your first question ,Yes we'll need the 3 wind dish to the Eastern Arc, And from the reports I got from the crew who went to Nashville Dish have a very,very Special plans for Puerto Rico,Alaska and Hawaii and HD programing :). If you want to use Dp brand without breaking yor lnbs faucet pm me.:up

To your first question ,Yes we'll need the 3 wind dish to the Eastern Arc, And from the reports I got from the crew who went to Nashville Dish have a very,very Special plans for Puerto Rico,Alaska and Hawaii and HD programing :). If you want to use Dp brand without breaking yor lnbs faucet pm me.:up

Please share what you here about the special HD plans that Dish has for us non-mainlanders. :D

Hi Techoguy:

You are right a friend of mine was over there in Nashville and he told me the same thing as you are now but he does not want to say nothing!
Hey what happen to the web page dbsforums.com did they close up the page!

And from the reports I got from the crew who went to Nashville Dish have a very,very Special plans for Puerto Rico,Alaska and Hawaii and HD programing :)
Yes a lot of things will be going on Spot Beams for Puerto Rico. These beams will not reach places like the Bahamas. I have even heard that PR may get some special HD channels which are only available for PR.

Kind of interesting to see where this is all going.

Yes a lot of things will be going on Spot Beams for Puerto Rico. These beams will not reach places like the Bahamas. I have even heard that PR may get some special HD channels which are only available for PR.

Kind of interesting to see where this is all going.

That's one of the things I heard, and others I'm not on the liberty to share with you guys just yet(Request from Corporate )but hopefully everybody (AK,HI and PR residents)will be very happy if everything goes as they have plan.;):D

That's one of the things I heard, and others I'm not on the liberty to share with you guys just yet(Request from Corporate )but hopefully everybody (AK,HI and PR residents)will be very happy if everything goes as they have plan.;):D

I, like all Alaskan HD present and future subscribers, can hardly wait!!:D

When is this going to happen? I was ready to jump off the wagon and go with Liberty. But if things are going to change with dish here in Puerto Rico then I guess I can wait, but no much longer. I want HD content!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)