Eastern Arc Channels at 77-position

vttvwatcher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
in a house
I live in Northern Vermont and use the 1000.4 Easter Arc service through Dish network.

We view programming off of the 61.5, 72.5, and 77 satellite positions.

Everything off 61.5 and 72.5 comes in fine -- but I get nothing off 77.

I've been told it's because the satellite they are using at that position is not powerful enough to reach our area.

There are over 100 channels on my guide that I cannot receive. Many of them are the crappy shopping channels, but it does include a few noteable channels such as CSPAN 1 & 2, NASA, Dish Earth, and all of the CD 1-32 Music Channels.

It also includes (correct me if I'm wrong) all but (8) of the Dish-on-Demand PPV Channels. My concern is that I try to rent a movie off of one the 77* channels, and once I say "Yes...I want to buy it", I won't be able to view it.

Can anyone confirm this and maybe offer better in-sight as to what is going on -- and if there are any plans to fix it?

Here's what's currently uplinked: SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 77°W. The only problem with that list is Echostar 4 can't be sending all those channels since it's nearly deceased. And IIRC Echostar 1 hasn't gotten to that orbital location yet. Am I forgetting about another sat at 77W?

Edit: Echostar 8! How could I forget that one. :(

OP: There is something wrong with your dish alignment, LNB, or switch. You should be getting those channels off 77.

I am getting a message that my tuner 1 & 2 are losing signal several times a day on my Eastern arc dish ( check for obstructions dish alignment), but only on 77sat. It shows yellow on this sat in the system info screen , when I run it. I am getting a signal of 50 or over on all the transponders on that sat , in fact higher than the 72.7 sat that I peaked the E.A. Dish. I am not getting lnb drift and only have one line showing a -2 in the counters under the System info screen. I know that it takes at least an -8 to warrent the lnb drift. I don't notice any channels being effected , I am not losing a show and I record a lot of shows. I am not getting any signal losses on my 211k when I run a system info check and all sats are green. I can't figure out what it is . I checked the sat and it is solid and hasn't moved and being in southeast Texas , I can only expect a 45 on the 72.7 sat on transponder 19 & 21 , which is the transponders that you have to peak the E.A. dish. Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts