Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

I finally got DISH to replace my DPP44 system (110, 118, 119, 129) with eastern arc and I haven't had 1 searching for sat signal in the week. 1.5 years of barely be an able to watch one of my receivers with no problems now.
It confirmed my belief that the DPP44 switch/power inserter was the cause of my problems. I replaced 3 switches and 2 power inserters.
Power inserters are the number one cause of signal loss in a DPP44 eqquipeed system.
When I get a service call on one of these the first thing I do is check sigs on my meter at the dish to make sure the issue isn't there. Next move is the power inserter.

You don't get rid of it and run the system without one, I hope? :eek:
Heck no. When I see one of these service calls I take a new DPP 44, LNB's and just about anything else I can replace.
Soem guys seem to get imnto beating their head against a wall trying ot figure out why a part went bad. Me I just replace the darn thing.
One thing I always check though is to see if the electrical outlet is ok.. I have one of those simple testers. I can check for a bad ground or as in a job I had a few weeks ago, the entire outlet was energized.
Anyway, from what I have seen , power inserters do tend ot crap out just because.

I would love to get the Latino pack, but I won't install a second dish. Any word on when (or if) they will add more Latino channels to the EA? Right now there are only about 3 or 4.

I have no idea. I am betting that once they replace the older satellite at 77 slot with a newer one with spotbeams , that they will add the dish latino channels there as well. This should clear up some of the complicated installs that are being done now due to a lack of bandwith on the existing older satellites up there .

I have no idea. I am betting that once they replace the older satellite at 77 slot with a newer one with spotbeams , that they will add the dish latino channels there as well. This should clear up some of the complicated installs that are being done now due to a lack of bandwith on the existing older satellites up there .
Are there plans to replace the bird at 77W?
That would be nice. Although the new rules regarding EA DMA's madate a two dish solution for Latino programming custs that want American HD as well, we are still seeing D-1000+ WA hardware for the above customers. So far no Latino two dish solutions.
Now, watch, I'll get one tomorrow.

Are there plans to replace the bird at 77W?
That would be nice. Although the new rules regarding EA DMA's madate a two dish solution for Latino programming custs that want American HD as well, we are still seeing D-1000+ WA hardware for the above customers. So far no Latino two dish solutions.
Now, watch, I'll get one tomorrow.
QuetzSat 1 apparently launching in 2011.

EchoStar 1 moving from 148 to 77 as soon as EchoStar 5 replaces it at 148.

Unless QuetzSat 1 is a spotbeam satellite, don't see much additional bandwidth happening there.

Heck no. When I see one of these service calls I take a new DPP 44, LNB's and just about anything else I can replace.
Soem guys seem to get imnto beating their head against a wall trying ot figure out why a part went bad. Me I just replace the darn thing.
One thing I always check though is to see if the electrical outlet is ok.. I have one of those simple testers. I can check for a bad ground or as in a job I had a few weeks ago, the entire outlet was energized.
Anyway, from what I have seen , power inserters do tend ot crap out just because.

I wonder if it's just the DPP44 power inserters. I've never had a bad SW64 power inserter.

The dish 1000.2 and a wing dish at 61.5 always defaults to 129 when channels are duplicated

My question is - Does the 1000.4 dish with a wing dish at 129 default to 61.5 when channels are duplicated on both satellites

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere on here before and sorry if it has and i didn't see it

The dish 1000.2 and a wing dish at 61.5 always defaults to 129 when channels are duplicated

My question is - Does the 1000.4 dish with a wing dish at 129 default to 61.5 when channels are duplicated on both satellites

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere on here before and sorry if it has and i didn't see it

The 1000.4 does not point to 129. 61.5/72.7/77
If in your DMA has locals come off the 129, you'll not use a 1000.4 for any reason.
IN the case of a 1000.2....Customers that live in DMA's where the locals in SD come off the 129, they would use the 1000.2 because the national HD services come from the 129. To add HD to this ,no dish change is necessary. Simply replace the receiver(s).
Your concern would be mush easier to address if you'd tell us in which DMA you live.

i know that - what i said was the 1000.4 (with) a wing dish at 129

my Atlanta HD locals are on 129 and 61.5 - i get a lot better signal off of 61.5 so i covered the 129 lnb on my 1000.2 and ran a check switch so it will default to my wing dish at 61.5 instead of 129

was just curious and wanted to know from someone who had the 1000.4 and a wing dish at 129 if it in fact defaulted to 61.5 instead of 129 when you tuned to a channel that are on both of those satellites

There doesn't seem to be ANY rhyme or reason concerning default location. Folks with 129 and 61.5 have reported default at 129, but others have reported that's it's totally random. Personally, my locals are on both 118 and 61.5, and when I had my 500+ in operation, it was totally random. With my EA set-up, obviously I don't have the option.

i was just curious because about nine times out of ten mine would default to 129 even if it was storming and i lost my signal it still would not switch over to 61.5 so i did away with 129 all together in favor of 61.5

i know that - what i said was the 1000.4 (with) a wing dish at 129

my Atlanta HD locals are on 129 and 61.5 - i get a lot better signal off of 61.5 so i covered the 129 lnb on my 1000.2 and ran a check switch so it will default to my wing dish at 61.5 instead of 129

was just curious and wanted to know from someone who had the 1000.4 and a wing dish at 129 if it in fact defaulted to 61.5 instead of 129 when you tuned to a channel that are on both of those satellites
Why would you want to have a 1000.4 AND a 129 wing?

Why not - if it were up to me i would have them all ( 61.5, 72.7, 77, 110, 118, 119, 129, 148) if there were a way to connect all of the dishes together and had good LOS on all of them - but you can't really do more than five and 105 & 121 aren't really needed anymore for me any way

Why not - if it were up to me i would have them all ( 61.5, 72.7, 77, 110, 118, 119, 129, 148) if there were a way to connect all of the dishes together and had good LOS on all of them - but you can't really do more than five and 105 & 121 aren't really needed anymore for me any way

Ok why have all those sats? For what purpose?
There is only so much programing out there.

because Dish shuffles channels around different sats so much you can't keep up (and don't say they won't do it again) been with them since the beginning (the 1000 receiver era) and now how they work

That way your already covered if they do and you wouldn't have to keep adding/moving dishes, switches, etc..

because Dish shuffles channels around different sats so much you can't keep up (and don't say they won't do it again) been with them since the beginning (the 1000 receiver era) and now how they work

That way your already covered if they do and you wouldn't have to keep adding/moving dishes, switches, etc..
Correct. Dish does make these changes. But the older ones become obsolete.
Fort example. Thge EA/WA issue.
Here in the market all new connects are EA. With that in mind, there is no possiblity that these customers will need another antenna because there won't be a reason for a second one.
The only possibility of a second dish is to add international services.
Look, if you want a dish farm on your property/structure/house that is up to you.
Now, there was a thread that goes back a year or so where a guy in CA figured out how to get 5 sats to download. If memory serves he had the core sats (110/119). He also had 129,148 and added 61.5 for the Pentagon channel. It was actually pretty cool how he did it. But his roof was a mish mosh of dishes switches and cables.
Dish actually has a 4 or 5 orbital slot limit. I don't remeber which. I am leaning toward 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts