Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know its not possible to get all 3 birds from EA from the 1000.2 but for those of us with a 1000.2 and a wing dish 500 for 61.5 does anyone make a 2 LNB adaptor for the 1000.2 that will allow 72 / 77 reception? This way I can get EA with my current setup.

Also if this is not available what are the DB gains by having 3 Dish 500 20" dishes pointed one per satellite as opposed to a single 1000.4 dish? :eureka
Ok I don't get it. Why go thrpough all that trouble. Just buy a 1000.4 and make sure you have mpeg4 equipment. BTW, if you try to use three 20" dishes to get all 3 EA birds, you still need mpeg4 equipment. There is no "end around" the system
Just get the 1000.4 and be done with it.

Ok I don't get it. Why go thrpough all that trouble. Just buy a 1000.4 and make sure you have mpeg4 equipment. BTW, if you try to use three 20" dishes to get all 3 EA birds, you still need mpeg4 equipment. There is no "end around" the system
Just get the 1000.4 and be done with it.

Mostly because its fun to tinker! I already have MPEG4 gear but in my experiance when you have a multi dish signal levels are lower and loss during a storm is likely. As a tech guy that is unacceptable to my wife :)

It was a simple question signal the same or better with single dishes ?

Mostly because its fun to tinker! I already have MPEG4 gear but in my experiance when you have a multi dish signal levels are lower and loss during a storm is likely. As a tech guy that is unacceptable to my wife :)

It was a simple question signal the same or better with single dishes ?
Ok then tinker away. I did not know you were mpeg4 equiped.
Don't know the answer. Give it a shot.
BTW the technology available limits signal to a clear line of sight. So not matter how many dishes you erect, you'll still lose signal in thunderstorms and heavy snowfall. Also electrical actvity( cloud to cloud lightining) between your dish(es) and the satellites in space will cause signal loss. It is what it is.
Until they figure out how to make a satellite signal penetrate a solid object or not penetrate sheets of rain, signal loss is a fact of life.

Ok then tinker away. I did not know you were mpeg4 equiped.
Don't know the answer. Give it a shot.
BTW the technology available limits signal to a clear line of sight. So not matter how many dishes you erect, you'll still lose signal in thunderstorms and heavy snowfall. Also electrical actvity( cloud to cloud lightining) between your dish(es) and the satellites in space will cause signal loss. It is what it is.
Until they figure out how to make a satellite signal penetrate a solid object or not penetrate sheets of rain, signal loss is a fact of life.

Yeah while I’m not very up to date on dish network operations I do know that we have earth stations where I work that have some extremely large dishes like 32 feet and those never lose signal.

So my thought was the larger the dish the greater the DB the less likely you are to experience loss.

If you want highly reliable service you need three 24 inch or 30 inch parabolic dishes each with a DP dual lnb on it connected to a DPP44 switch.

Using Dish 500's or other Dish Network reflectors designed for multiple satellite reception will not get you higher signal strengths because they are multi-focus dishes, they have to be larger to avoid lower signal strength.

Even in this case there is still the potential for signal loss if the dish becomes iced over or the atmosphere becomes so filled with precipitation that it reduces signal below the receiver's ability to decode it, but the 24 inch reflector has 1.7 times the surface area and the 30 inch has 2.7 times the surface area of a standard Dish network dish and the surface area of the reflector on a parabolic dish is directly proportional to signal strength.

Yeah while I’m not very up to date on dish network operations I do know that we have earth stations where I work that have some extremely large dishes like 32 feet and those never lose signal.

So my thought was the larger the dish the greater the DB the less likely you are to experience loss.
Correct. The 32 footers have much more relective area. So signal loss is rare.

If you want highly reliable service you need three 24 inch or 30 inch parabolic dishes each with a DP dual lnb on it connected to a DPP44 switch.

Using Dish 500's or other Dish Network reflectors designed for multiple satellite reception will not get you higher signal strengths because they are multi-focus dishes, they have to be larger to avoid lower signal strength.

Even in this case there is still the potential for signal loss if the dish becomes iced over or the atmosphere becomes so filled with precipitation that it reduces signal below the receiver's ability to decode it, but the 24 inch reflector has 1.7 times the surface area and the 30 inch has 2.7 times the surface area of a standard Dish network dish and the surface area of the reflector on a parabolic dish is directly proportional to signal strength.

Do you have to have a 44 switch, or will a DP34 switch work? I have 3 dish 500's and was thinking of doing the same thing. I would need to come up with 2 more dp duals.

I have a question. Can you use the 1000.4 without a switch? Aka can I plug my Dish500 into the In Port and then run the outputs from the 1000.4 directly to my 2 receivers? Or are the Outputs from that LNB port 1 2 3 for the single orbital locations?

The only dish you can plug into the eastern arc dish 1000.4 or western arc dish 1000.2, is a side sat dish( can be a dish 500 with an adapter lnb holder ) with a single or dual lnb . NO dish 500 twin lnbs can be used or legacy stlye single lnbs . It must be a dishpro dual or single lnb. (IN the other thread I answered you and told you how I used my 1000.2 sat dish with an lnb adapter to use for 129 sat and plugged into my eastern arc dish.) THen once you install it and plug it into the eastern arc lnb port , run a check switch and get the receiver to recognize the new sat location, you can run a single line to each receiver for upto 3 installs. IF they are dual tuner dvrs , you will need the dish pro plus separator that will allow one line to be turned into two for the dual tuner dvrs. You won't need a separator if you are installing a single tuner receiver.

Just to clarify/simplify, the 1000.4 has a built in DPP switch for it's three LNBs (plus an external one) and can feed three receivers.

Ok. I just got a 1000.4 and I have a 500 Dish with a DPP Dual LNB that feeds (1 feed each to split) to a Vip612 and a 522. So I shouldn't have any issue then? I really only care about the HD Programing on the 61.5 Not sure I really care about being on the EA. Just for the 61.5 so I can get Vs and my Locals in HD.

IF you wanted just the 61.5 sat, all you had to do was plug a side sat dish into a dish 1000 or dish 1000.2 sat dish and you would be all set. You wouldn't of needed a dish 1000.4 sat dish at all.

gusmacker, that's what you need to do anyway. It's a mistake to use a 522 with a Dish 1000.4 because the channels on those 3 satellites are mostly MPEG-4 and the 522 can only do MPEG-2. Keep your DPP Twin (no such thing as DPP Dual) pointed at 110/119, add a dish pointed to 61.5 connected to the DPP Twin's input.

But now that you have a 500 and a 1000.4, run one for each receiver.

gusmacker, that's what you need to do anyway. It's a mistake to use a 522 with a Dish 1000.4 because the channels on those 3 satellites are mostly MPEG-4 and the 522 can only do MPEG-2. Keep your DPP Twin (no such thing as DPP Dual) pointed at 110/119, add a dish pointed to 61.5 connected to the DPP Twin's input.

But now that you have a 500 and a 1000.4, run one for each receiver.

Yep, I would do that too if you already have both setups. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts