Eastern arc dish question

bigbuckchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
earth
I hope this isn't a stupid question. I just got the letter to contact dish about my HD service. After reading a bit about it, it seems some of the HD channels are changing birds. Is the eastern arc dish only required if you live in the east coast? I am on the west. Do I have to change my 1000.2 dish or will these changes not affect the west coast?

Western arc 1000.2 sat dishes are still good for the west coast. The new 1000.4 sat dish for eastern arc will soon be all they install ,except there will be an western arc lnb that will be used for those dmas in western arc territories. So either a 1000.4 sat dish with eastern arc lnb or the 1000.4 sat dish with western arc lnb. Saves DISH money to have ONE sat dish with different lnbs , rather than two separate dishes like today.You shouldn't need another dish if you already have 1000.2 sat dish.

Thanks. I wonder why the contacted me if they know I am on the west coast? Oh well.

You should contact them back see if they want to switch out your 1K.2 for the 1K.4.The reflector is larger on the 1K.4 so you would have less rainfade.I have one and I'm on the west coast.;)

Your signal levels with be higher with the 1K.4.:D

I also believe Dish Network is going to call the 1000.4(1K.4) western arc dish, the WA.4 dish because when I had the 1K.2 dish and did a system info test on my 1K.2 dish the LNBs are described as 1K.2 LNBs.With this dish the LNBs are described as WA.4 LNBs.;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)