Eastern Arc for Existing Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

datwell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 25, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Guys: I have been a bit out of the loop for a while, so please bear with me. I live in zip 22044 (Falls Church, VA) and my signature has the present configuration. I continue to have trouble with the 61.5 "wing" dish (can't hold alignment) and I was wondering about the availability of the combined Eastern Arc dish for existing customers.

PM for more details if necessary.

--Doug

Eastern Arc still requires 61.5, so what do you hope to gain over correctly aligning your existing dish?

Yes, the 61.5 dish is on the other end of the house (roof mount) and seems to loose alignment about once each year, following a few windy storms. This is starting to get a bit tiresome. I was just wondering if the Eastern Arc dish might be more stable.

--Doug

Yes, the 61.5 dish is on the other end of the house (roof mount) and seems to loose alignment about once each year, following a few windy storms. This is starting to get a bit tiresome. I was just wondering if the Eastern Arc dish might be more stable.

--Doug

Sounds like something is not right with your dish mount or not tight enough. I never took my Dish500 down off my roof during hurricane Gustav. We had 90+ mph winds here. When power came back on I never had to realign that dish.

I have another post going on about trying to get a good LOS... I just did the LOS finder and saw that the Eastern Arc would be PERFECT.... I'm a new customer... who do I need to suck up to in order to get one of these.... please don't make me go back to cable
I'm not giving up!

If you're in the Eastern Arc area, new customers are supposed to get an EA setup automatically. Dish has an annoying habit of never considering you a new customer if you ever had them before, however. I'm not sure whether this applies to EA setups, but it would be very stupid of them to not want to install the most current equipment.

If you're in the Eastern Arc area, new customers are supposed to get an EA setup automatically. Dish has an annoying habit of never considering you a new customer if you ever had them before, however. I'm not sure whether this applies to EA setups, but it would be very stupid of them to not want to install the most current equipment.

Here's my picture showing the current satellite direction... the EA would point the other way and would totally bypass all trees.
question is... can I get my locals from the EA in Dayton Ohio 45458

trees.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/eanthonyheston/trees.jpg

Wow, it turns out that the Dayton locals, both HD and SD, are on 129. I wasn't expecting that.

You might be able to use EA for your national channels and 129 for locals, but I rather doubt that Dish will install it for you that way. I'm not sure who you'd call to get someone who actually knew what you were talking about if you wanted to try. Hopefully someone can suggest something.

Wow, it turns out that the Dayton locals, both HD and SD, are on 129. I wasn't expecting that.

You might be able to use EA for your national channels and 129 for locals, but I rather doubt that Dish will install it for you that way. I'm not sure who you'd call to get someone who actually knew what you were talking about if you wanted to try. Hopefully someone can suggest something.

Would I be able to pick up Cincinnati from Dayton? Not sure where you're looking. I could do an OTA for my locals if need be

Thanks... Cincinnati is on the EA. I'm assuming they can program my account to receive those locals instead of the Dayton ones? And if I want my local news i can just use the OTA?

This is some seriously amazing stuff.... I seriously hope the site supervisor can figure something out tomorrow.... I can see why people picked this up as a hobby

Thanks... Cincinnati is on the EA. I'm assuming they can program my account to receive those locals instead of the Dayton ones? And if I want my local news i can just use the OTA?

This is some seriously amazing stuff.... I seriously hope the site supervisor can figure something out tomorrow.... I can see why people picked this up as a hobby

You can also use TheList in my signature. Channel data is almost real time. Spotbeam maps, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)