Eastern Arc from Puerto Rico

Bad marketing plan

Well my friends, why I listed the Packages like that? Because those will be the new names for the packages. The same $10 fee will be added to the package that you select, but obviously the marketing catch is to force the customer to the AT-250 soon to be HD250 to get all the D Channels, this is completely obvious. Availability date, June 3 2010. Another Promo is the Free HD for life, well it stated that this offer is available for PR and USVI. 2 year contract, autopay, new and existing customers.

Dish is only allowing new customer activations with Mpeg4 receivers, a la Eastern Arc. So my opinion is that in order to use the new 30" Twin Lnb Dish, the signal will come from Spotbeams. I'm just hopping I'm wrong because the signal from the 110 is good even with a 18" Dish. So if the 119 location is going to have the same sat as the 110 there's no need for this.

I will love to get the BBC-HD from the PR package, but I have only the US Package and I'm not messing with the account again. I may lose them all like had happened twice before. The memo stated that the Platinum is not available to PR.

Finally Nelson, I get my HD Networks from All American Direct(Chicago Locals). It is pricey but I can watch the Bears games and all the Series and Sitcoms in HD. Also NBA, Hockey and MLB .

So you are saying that people with Dish latino dos and AT200 that have all the HD channels in the PR pak for free until may 31, 2010. In June will have to pay $10 dollars for HD for less channels depending on the package breakdown. That's really bad.
For example a Dish latino dos subscriber will lose ESPN HD because ESPN is only available in Latino Max even if he pays $10 for HD, he will no get it. A dish latino dos sub in order to receive all the HD that is currently receiving now, will have to pay $13 to upgrade to latino max and $10 dollars for HD. Thats a $23 price increase to receive the same HD channels that is receiving for free today. THAT'S SUCKS

regarding to that link, its says on top of the page (see below), that the requirements from PR for receiving 61.5 is a 5.5 feet dish and this is not true. 5.5 feet does not work with echostar 3/12 (61.5). 61.5 ONLY works with dishes over 6 feet (in Puerto Rico). Please fix that, and do not make people waste their money as I almost did.

dishuser.png

Well Titanio I have a lot of people getting the 61.5 with 5 footers, takes time but it can be done.

Regarding the latino packages use the same breakdown for new channels LanitoHd, Latino Dos HD and Latino Max HD, as I posted HD120, HD200 and HD250.

regarding to that link, its says on top of the page (see below), that the requirements from PR for receiving 61.5 is a 5.5 feet dish and this is not true. 5.5 feet does not work with echostar 3/12 (61.5). 61.5 ONLY works with dishes over 6 feet (in Puerto Rico). Please fix that, and do not make people waste their money as I almost did.

dishuser.png

For your information this is not web page and I have my 5.5' pointed at 61.5 for over 5 years and no problem at all. And I don't put a gun in people head and tell that what to do! If you are trying to make an issue with this It's not my fault, While I am loving my 5.5 and watching NFL Network with mine!

Well Titanio I have a lot of people getting the 61.5 with 5 footers, takes time but it can be done.

you admitted it takes time, to make it work. and to what extent?
you wanna know what i think? I think many local dealers are overstocked of new 5.5' dishes because they sell this for the black market FTA "amazonas" satellite, and people here dislikes south american programming, and they are not selling them as they expected last year. thus they're are pushing 5.5' dishes for "everything". I tried it, it worked for some transponders but not for most, and even never picked up transponder 24 . this forum is full of local puerto rican dealers and technicians, I know they back their products, but as a very unbiased customer who's "been there" I can tell you you, it does not work.

If someone who want this satellite is reading me... save the hassle and buy a used 6 "footer" for a couple of bucks more. look around. I told you! (just a recommendation from another client standpoint, i'm not selling here anything)

Well Titanio you want to know what I think? Well I don't care what do you think. I'm selling Dish Network systems since 1997, first for an Authorized Dealer from Maine, then on 2001 a friend and I became Authorized Dealers.

If local "dealers" are overstocked with 5.5 footers that's their problem, can't care less. I don't buy antenas to re-sell. If they want to go into the illegal FTA, that's heir problem. I sleep very good at night, thank you very much. Besides I don't buy from them neither...

This web site as many others is to share information and experiences you are telling yours I'm telling mine. If somebody did a piss poor job on your installation, well there's a lot of mediocre "installers"(buscones) around which ruin the name for everybody else. Experience in this area had taugh a lot of tricks to fine tune the dishes. And like Nelson stated I don't put a gun on anybody's head to buy anything and I'm not selling anything here, just post the facts. Finally the cost of a 6' is around $500 new plus the mouting base. Last time I got a 5.5 it was like $140.

Last edited:
Well Titanio you want to know what I think? Well I don't care what do you think. I'm selling Dish Network systems since 1997, first for an Authorized Dealer from Maine, then on 2001 a friend and I became Authorized Dealers.

If local "dealers" are overstocked with 5.5 footers that's their problem, can't care less. I don't buy antenas to re-sell. If they want to go into the illegal FTA, that's heir problem. I sleep very good at night, thank you very much. Besides I don't buy from them neither...

This web site as many others is to share information and experiences you are telling yours I'm telling mine. If somebody did a piss poor job on your installation, well there's a lot of mediocre "installers"(buscones) around which ruin the name for everybody else. Experience in this area had taugh a lot of tricks to fine tune the dishes. And like Nelson stated I don't put a gun on anybody's head to buy anything and I'm not selling anything here, just post the facts. Finally the cost of a 6' is around $500 new plus the mouting base. Last time I got a 5.5 it was like $140.

you don't have to get pissed for me as a consumer telling people not to buy 5.5 for 61.5. why so much concern? am I harming anything? can you answer me?

6 feet dishes are sold around second hand here anywhere (lots of people have them to sell because of a local public school internet system massive dismantling or something that used them) And they are reselling this for around $160-200 you can even check on the local online classifieds (clasificadosonline) So you tell me a 6' costs $500 plus the base? when I only paid $175 for a used 6' channel master with its base (original from that school system thing) and all delivered to my home....... I guess where the buscones are. the 6' installation was flawless, quick, no hassle. wanna save the hassle? buy used 6'

Last edited:
Hey elTiTANio:

I also live in PR and it seems that you have figured out a way to get equal treatment when it comes to HD. If I change my address/zip to a state-side address, will I be able to get more HD channels?

I'm sure it's probably not that simple but maybe we can work together to figure this out. I live in San Juan
Someone PM me, as it won't let me pm any of you.
Saludos,

-Baui

Also, is America's Everything Pak + Latino Bonus + Free HD 250 worth paying for in PR (considering the unequal HD treatment)? or is there a better package (more bang for your buck) for PR.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts