eastern arc interesting situation question...

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Ok, this is a strange one...

So a customer has a converted house... they got dish installed a month or so ago, so they are an eastern arc customer.

They decided they need a tv on the far wall of the garage in their house... however restrictions, a cement slab foundation in the garage, and a firebreak wall keep a wire from being run over there.

The solution was a second dish outside that wall... problem. No SE line of sight from the garage and no SW LOS from the other side...

Can the person put in a 211 with a dish 500 (110/119) and get the programming on this account (No HD obviously)

or is this a technical no-go?

Ok, this is a strange one...

So a customer has a converted house... they got dish installed a month or so ago, so they are an eastern arc customer.

They decided they need a tv on the far wall of the garage in their house... however restrictions, a cement slab foundation in the garage, and a firebreak wall keep a wire from being run over there.

The solution was a second dish outside that wall... problem. No SE line of sight from the garage and no SW LOS from the other side...

Can the person put in a 211 with a dish 500 (110/119) and get the programming on this account (No HD obviously)

or is this a technical no-go?

There is nothing preventing putting up any number of additional antennas (dishes). Why can't a line be run from the existing dish around the exterior of the house to the outside wall and then in?

There is nothing preventing putting up any number of additional antennas (dishes). Why can't a line be run from the existing dish around the exterior of the house to the outside wall and then in?

Landlord had the house wired his way and had all of the wires hidden. He does not want another wire or hole drilled in his new siding (although he has no problem with a second dish on a post). I can flatwire through a window that is right next to both the second dish and the TV, so that's all he will ok.

This is a tricky situation, I know.

My main question is if programming will work on a seperate second dish 500 on a system where everything else is on the 1000.4 eastern arc.

I have been doing this for 6 years... if there was another way I would have probably found it by now.

Yes, it will work fine. I have an eastern arc setup in my house and use western arc in me RV parked in the driveway.

I guess you checked the attic route over the garage. If you pole mount next to the wall, you will still have to hang cable on the wall below the window. Even the new window passes are risky. There was talk of an FCC regulation to limit dishes to only one per house- don't know if that is in effect- I would have the customer sign off on the paperwork with my notes added that they understand the necessity of the second dish and take responsibility...and maybe explaining that the new work warranty did not extend to the existing dish...But yes, you can use 211's or 211k's on the western arc with 500 dish at 110-119, 1000.2-3 dishes at the 110-119-129 locations. I hope this pays you like a new install because it is!

Existing cust install for $99 unless u cry for 3 hours like most people until a sup waives it for you. I have never seen an account with 2 sets of full install tag codes tho that would be crazy! They would have to have the tag codes on there too because it won't let them activate mpeg 2 equipment on an install that is classified as eastern arc.

Ok, this may be more work but may look better. What about burying the cable from the existing dish to the garage where they want the dish? You are going to have a cable running up the side of the house anyway, right? Depending on the size of the house, it may or may not be practical.

What about a 1000.2 dish instead of a 500? Then at least you'd get most of your HD other than perhaps your locals depending on where they come from. If that tv isn't hd though, don't worry about it just slap in a 500.
Answer to your question though.. yes it will work fine. Your receiver is looking for programming from whichever satellite it picks up that you subscribe to, so Eastern arc/ Western.. whatever... as long as you are paying for it you'll get it no matter which satellite it comes from.

I remeber a job I did where cutomer had a house full of legacy equip. I went out to add a 722 EA. No locals availble. I left the whole legacy install alone and set up the 722 as a seperate install. Seperate ground block and seperate lines. It worked fine. Customer service had no problem with it and it worked like a charm.

What about a 1000.2 dish instead of a 500? Then at least you'd get most of your HD other than perhaps your locals depending on where they come from. If that tv isn't hd though, don't worry about it just slap in a 500.
Answer to your question though.. yes it will work fine. Your receiver is looking for programming from whichever satellite it picks up that you subscribe to, so Eastern arc/ Western.. whatever... as long as you are paying for it you'll get it no matter which satellite it comes from.

I agree with this. Why not just throw a Western Arc up (1000.2). Unless its a problem with LOS on the 129 sitting to low. Makes more sense putting the 1000.2 up if by some chance they ever do put an HD TV in the garage it would already be good to go. Save a trip for the next Tech. Plus still throw the 211 in there and the customer is HD ready to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts