Eastern Arc Outage/Columbia MO

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Anyone been having signal loss when weather is not bad on Eastern Arc / Columbia Mo
the last few days?

I'm in Lebanon and the only thing I've noticed is some occasional stuttering/pixilating during Game of Thrones on Sunday night.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sorry about that. Columbia is only 2 hours from me, so I assumed on was on the same arc... my locals are on eastern arc though.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Mine has been acting up. I can get locals on 61.5 (signal 37), 77 (45ish) and 72.7 (10ish). I was going to check my alignment today.

I checked to make sure the dish was still level today and it is. Still getting (35 to 37 on 61.5), (8 to 10 on 72.7) and (43 to 45 on 77).

Anyone else still out on 72.7?

I checked to make sure the dish was still level today and it is. Still getting (35 to 37 on 61.5), (8 to 10 on 72.7) and (43 to 45 on 77).
While it may be level/plumb, it sure looks like it isn't aimed right.

If all the hardware is sound and there are no LOS obstructions (including condensation in the feed horn lens), I'd say that your elevation is probably out of whack.

While it may be level/plumb, it sure looks like it isn't aimed right.

If all the hardware is sound and there are no LOS obstructions (including condensation in the feed horn lens), I'd say that your elevation is probably out of whack.

Odd its been working fine for years.... I will take a look at the connections and adjust elevation a tad and see what happens.

Odd its been working fine for years.... I will take a look at the connections and adjust elevation a tad and see what happens.
Don't forget to check for a leaky (or otherwise obscured) LNB lens. Getting the outer slots without getting the one in the middle is not easy to do.

Your lnb lenses have either cracked or full of water. Have probably replaced 50 or more 1000.4 lnb in last year. With those signals am almost positive that is problem.

I will bet that the middle lens (72.5) is full of water. You can Crack the lens to drain water out and restore signal, but it will not last long.
I have the LNB off there is some water drops inside the middle 72 lens. Any way to get the water out without cracking the lens? Wouldn't that just let more in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)