eastern arc reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
My dish 1000.4 is on my roof, since the roof is going to be reshingled, I want to mount the dish on a post in my back yard. I can receive 61.5 on my back yard post but not 72 or 77. There are some tall tree on my neighbors land that I think might be blocking the signal. My dish is 5 feet high on my post, I would like to raaise it up 5 feet. Does anyone know if there is a mast kit available so I can extend the dish 5 feet from my mount ?

Thanks JD

I think you can get a longer pole from Lowe's and just replace the one you got. An extension would have to fit over or in your existing pipe and would require a drilled and tapped hole to put a threaded bolt in to secure the extension.

eastern arc

Thanks!!: I didn't know Lowells might have masts, will check them out. I wonder if a rigid polyethylene or plastic plumbing pipe would work.

Thanks!!: I didn't know Lowells might have masts, will check them out. I wonder if a rigid polyethylene or plastic plumbing pipe would work.

Lowes and Home Depot sell just about everything. In any event I would stick with a metal mast, you want something that isn't going to move in heavy wind. If you are going up 10 ft you also need to consider how far into the ground the mast should go so it wont move. You might consider a bag of quickcrete to give the mast a a solid footing.
If you talk to the sales folks at Lowes or HD you just might find one of them can give you good advice on this issue....

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts