Eastern Arc Signal Strength?

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I just got Dish installed yesterday, and wanted to find out if my sigal strength is adquate to not have a problem with rain fade.
My signal strengths on 61.5 range from the mid 50's to the mid 70's the same is true for 72 and 77. I wanted to make sure that these are acceptable or if I need to be fine tuned or repointed to the Western arc.

Thanks

I just got Dish installed yesterday, and wanted to find out if my sigal strength is adquate to not have a problem with rain fade.
My signal strengths on 61.5 range from the mid 50's to the mid 70's the same is true for 72 and 77. I wanted to make sure that these are acceptable or if I need to be fine tuned or repointed to the Western arc.

Thanks

What area are you in?

I am in Northwestern Alabama. About 70 miles NW of Birmingham, and 30 miles east of the Mississippi state line.

Bob, the fine tuning rods on the 1000.4 are extremely easy to work with. With mine, I just used one of my phones in intercom mode so that I could hear the signal tone, and peaked on 72.7 TP 19 or 21 per the install guide.

If you are peaking the dish using a previously-installed receiver, run a Check Switch test with the [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]S[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]ATELLITE [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]I[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]N [/FONT][/FONT]cable(s) disconnected before peaking the dish running the Check Switch test). This clears the previous Check Switch results and allows the receiver to detect the signal from the DPP 1000.4 LNBF. Set the receiver’s Point Dish screen to satellite 72.7ºW and transponder 19 or 21 if peaking using this method. [/FONT]Peak the dish for the strongest possible signal on the 72.7°W satellite signal[/FONT]​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)