Eastern Arc starting and Turbo HD business rules

I spoke with Dish Tech online and he pushed my install date back to the 23rd. Told me to call on the 20th and have my order switched from 1000.2 to 1000.4 or 1000.5. He claimed with the current system I would likely need 2 dishes, with the eastern arc I will only need one? I hope I did the right thing. What happens to the channels from 129? I won't get those?

The only programming differences between 129 and 61.5 are local channels and the regional sports network. The Chitown HD locals and RSN are on both satellites currently. You'll have the same programming from either satellite in your case.

The only programming differences between 129 and 61.5 are local channels and the regional sports network. The Chitown HD locals and RSN are on both satellites currently. You'll have the same programming from either satellite in your case.

Ok, yet alot of what I read is that people are having issues with 129, while 61.5 is more stable?

I spoke with Dish Tech online and he pushed my install date back to the 23rd. Told me to call on the 20th and have my order switched from 1000.2 to 1000.4 or 1000.5. He claimed with the current system I would likely need 2 dishes, with the eastern arc I will only need one? I hope I did the right thing. What happens to the channels from 129? I won't get those?

All the HD channels on 129 are also on 61.5 the only difference is some HD regional sports networks which are going to be your out of market channels which you probably dont want to pay 5.99 for.

Boston SD locals are uplinked, but not yet available, on 61.5. So I think you have good reason for hope.

You've got me wondering though, about that single dish. Scott mentioned that the EPG is going onto 72.7 and not 61.5. Can you tell us whether you have an EPG now, with only a single dish?

With single dish on 61.5, I only get the 2-day EPG on my 722, not the 9-day EEPG.

AFAIK, the 2-day "EPG" is on every satellite slot, while the 9-day "EEPG" is only currently on one slot (119), but is scheduled to be added to Eastern Arc at 72.7 location.

Dont get too excited it might be new customers only on that date.

However with that said, I dont see anything stopping you from buying a Dish and using your existing MPEG4 equipment.

I would suspect that if installations of Eastern Arc will be restricted to only certain cities, it would indicate that there is not enough dishes to meet all of the demand, and so I would guess that 1000.4 and 1000.5 dishes will not be available in the retail channel initially...

Ok, yet alot of what I read is that people are having issues with 129, while 61.5 is more stable?

Depends on where you live. 129 does have some signal strength issues for people nearer the coverage edges or with less than perfect views of the SW sky for the sat. I'm just south of you 150 miles or so and get 129 loud and clear. That said, I'd go with the EA setup in your case (includes 61.5) since I think E* will be putting all new Chicago DMA subs in that arc anyway.

2nd Request

The Nashville HD locals are now on 129 which I can't get because of trees. Since Nashville is listed for the Eastern Arc does that mean Nashville HD locals will change location to 61.5?

Can anyone answer my question stated above?

72.7 might be fun to try on my boat after the 20th.

Image1.jpg

I've been using 61.5 as 110 & 119 are always too low on the horizon. I guess I'll find out what the 72.7 bird will do for me shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)