Eastern Arc

ryans80

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I have a dvr and standard reciever hooked up to dish 500. We built on to house and want to add a 2 room hd receiver. I have a 1000.4 dish that i my grandmother had. Will the new receiver work with eastern arc have the updated card and will my other receiver still work with 110 and 119 when i sub to hd locals. Was wanting to install it myself so i can get the reciever for 100 shipped instead of 150 installed.

Thanks for any advice.

The older receivers, if you leave them hooked up to the Dish 500, will get the programming you are getting now along with SD locals if they are on 110 or 119. HD receivers now being shipped from E* should have the new smart card needed for EA and the 1000.4 dish, but you'll have to confirm that with E* when you order.

Thanks for info laddyboy. One more question would their be a prob adding this two room receiver since it will be for a total of 5 rooms with my dvr and standard. I was thinking the limit was 4 tuners or receivers.

I have a dual tuner 611 dvr and a standard 311 both leased. Not sure if dvr model number is correct. So a total of 3 tuners not for sure if that will work

Thanks for the help guys. I just got off the phone with dish tried 3 times no luck. They will just let me have one single tuner hdreceiver and they wont let me order it either they want a tech to come install even thouhg i already installed the dishmyself they said they have to get a tech to do it. Oh well might try later. What does a person do if he has more than 4 tvs.

Buy the receivers outright, or feed more than one TV with the same programming from each tuner.

1k4 dish is brand new already have it installed. I ran the cable through the walls everything is set up and ready to go. Had a friend that worked for directv and we used his birdog meter. Was going to do what you said but dish says they have to send a tech out no matter if i have the dish is installed or not. They say their system wont let them ship the receiver it has to be installed by a tech.. Which is ridiculous for me to pay 50 more dollars for a tech to come and hook the receiver up to the tv and when i had the dish 500 installed they called and cancelled the appointment 3 times. Getting very frustrated. Beleive i will just buy the receiver from ebay or something.

1k4 dish is brand new already have it installed. I ran the cable through the walls everything is set up and ready to go. Had a friend that worked for directv and we used his birdog meter. Was going to do what you said but dish says they have to send a tech out no matter if i have the dish is installed or not. They say their system wont let them ship the receiver it has to be installed by a tech.. Which is ridiculous for me to pay 50 more dollars for a tech to come and hook the receiver up to the tv and when i had the dish 500 installed they called and cancelled the appointment 3 times. Getting very frustrated. Beleive i will just buy the receiver from ebay or something.
god forbid a real tech comes out, he or she will b*tch because it is going to take them forever to bring the job up to standards.

if customers would stop messing with there systems and calling CSC for because they "thought" just because there video went out and they think it is the dish, go outside and repeak it, then call and complain " i havent had signal for weeks i want to cancel" maybe some people will actually have good service.
I this crap going on each day, everyday, some one goes outside because they lost video because there TV isnt turned on thinking the dish is bad. I like to call them dumb.

sorry, I needed to vent.

god forbid a real tech comes out, he or she will b*tch because it is going to take them forever to bring the job up to standards.

if customers would stop messing with there systems and calling CSC for because they "thought" just because there video went out and they think it is the dish, go outside and repeak it, then call and complain " i havent had signal for weeks i want to cancel" maybe some people will actually have good service.
I this crap going on each day, everyday, some one goes outside because they lost video because there TV isnt turned on thinking the dish is bad. I like to call them dumb.

sorry, I needed to vent.

I guarantee you that the 1K4 disk I installed is a better installation than anything that a "real tech" ever did for me. The fact that you're a "real tech" is no guarantee that you know what you're doing. The information I get here is far more reliable than what I get from some "real techs."

Mario

pictures or it didnt happen

by the way sir, you might be that one customer that knows what he is doing, trust me i have seen most of it all when it comes to installing dishs, btw what is your signal strength on that 1000.4 dish, is the dish grounded? is there a ground block that is rated for sat. use? do you have service loops and drip loops. are your diplexers installed with service loops? are your connections tight to 30lbs?
I know what I am doing, I was a REAL TECH. are your connectors dish approved? are they neat and nicely done, not the crimpy kind.

I am the type of person that looks for the little things, because it is the little things that cause big problems.

Last edited:
pictures or it didnt happen

by the way sir, you might be that one customer that knows what he is doing, trust me i have seen most of it all when it comes to installing dishs, btw what is your signal strength on that 1000.4 dish, is the dish grounded? is there a ground block that is rated for sat. use? do you have service loops and drip loops. are your diplexers installed with service loops? are your connections tight to 30lbs?
I know what I am doing, I was a REAL TECH. are your connectors dish approved? are they neat and nicely done, not the crimpy kind.

I am the type of person that looks for the little things, because it is the little things that cause big problems.

My signal strength ranges from about 50 to 73 depending on the satellite and transponder. The system is grounded per the national electrical code. There are drip loops at the dish, the home entry point and anywhere a connection needed to be made outside the house. I will admit that I didn't bother using a torque wrench but then I've never seen a satellite tech who had one either. I use only approved compression connectors.

For the record, I never said that you were not a good tech - only that some "real techs" are not very good techs. By the same token not all customers are clueless - some of us have many years experience installing and servicing electronic systems.

Mario

its required now, or has been for over a year to torque the connectors.
no not all customers are clueless, but alot are.
and yes there is a lot of not so good techs out there from many fields, not just dish installing. phone cable, heck even the guy that services the shopping carts at the walmart

I have had several techs come and install dishes over the past years for familly and myself and 4 out of 5 wouldnt know how to boil water. They do poor jobs and no nothing about the equipment they are installing. Then one that installed the system for my grandmother that ended up canceling anyway because she couldnt understand it. 85 years old. Drilled a hole through the window seal for the cable instead of the wall and didnt ground the dish either. One installed it form my mom installed the dish ran cables and was just getting signal on 110 and not 119 said the little tree in yard must be blocking the signal I went and on the roof and got 119 to come in no prob skew was wrong. I have set up many dishes any the past prob 20 or so and i cant stand to pay 50 more dollars to pay for tech to come out and f#@@ everything up. Maybe is because i am in a hick town in kentucky who knows

Lordkron if all the techs knew the fraction of what you knew i wouldnt be complaining. i am not saying i am a expert installer far from it but i gurantee i coulld do 10 times better then the techs i have came in contact with. Yes the dish is grounded to meter and using proper cabling and connectors.

I have had several techs come and install dishes over the past years for familly and myself and 4 out of 5 wouldnt know how to boil water. They do poor jobs and no nothing about the equipment they are installing. Then one that installed the system for my grandmother that ended up canceling anyway because she couldnt understand it. 85 years old. Drilled a hole through the window seal for the cable instead of the wall and didnt ground the dish either. One installed it form my mom installed the dish ran cables and was just getting signal on 110 and not 119 said the little tree in yard must be blocking the signal I went and on the roof and got 119 to come in no prob skew was wrong. I have set up many dishes any the past prob 20 or so and i cant stand to pay 50 more dollars to pay for tech to come out and f#@@ everything up. Maybe is because i am in a hick town in kentucky who knows.

geez, hole through a window seal:confused:

Yes i know you cant use a 311 i am just wanting a 2 room hd 222 for the extra 2 rooms to use on the eastern arc. Going to keep the dish 500 for the other recievers.

Does anyone know if there is a prob activating receivers bought from somewhere other than dish. I bought a second hand dvr for directv once and when i cancelled they sent me a box and said the reciever belonged to them. Never did get that took care of. I hope its not the same with dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts