Eastern Ku Satellite Transponder Frequencies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ynnedibanez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Greeneville, Tennessee
i am planning to run a wire up a hill here so i can pick up some of the eastern Ku satellites.
since i moved here, 61w is about as far as i have been able to point east.
earlier i took a .9 meter dish, a universal lnb, my receiver, and a small tv up there and was able to find 58w, 53w, 50w, and 30w.

anyone got any Ku transponders for anything else to the east that are not in this list?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/satellites-positions-strong-transponders.332738/

50w comes in quite strong here in eastern tn, but everything on it is Ku low-band, you need a universal lnb to pick it up.
it is not in qwert1515's list yet, so here is a strong transponder with TBN on it.
50w 11050 V 27900

thanks for any help guys :)

I'm puzzled that that list shows an entry for 43W (although at least it's marked as unverified) because I've never seen any reference to that satellite having a Ku beam to North America.

The only other full-time channels I've ever seen are on 45W and 15W if you can get down to that. I'm not in front of my receiver, so I'm going by what LyngSat has listed and hoping it's current. I can check later tonight maybe.

45W has one channel, from northern Africa, 11608 H 1852. LyngSat has two other channels listed, but one disappeared a while ago for me and I've never seen the other one. I'll have to check again.

On 15W, 11964 H 14714 has channels from Equatorial Guinea and Angola. (Soccer fans may find games there.) 12170 H 45000 is a pay-TV transponder that often has a few channels in the clear. Some receivers will act flaky with the high symbol rate though, so best to try with the first TP I mentioned, then look for this one and let it sit for a minute if it doesn't show up right away. There are actually a bunch of these S2-45000 transponders, but it's rare to find anything else in the clear. There are also one or two weak transponders with religious channels.

And that's it, as far as I know. If you can get a motorized dish to go down that low, then 37.5W, 22W, 20W, and 12.5W all have occasional feeds. None of them have full-time transponders for us, except maybe 37.5W. It used to have data transponders, but I haven't seen them lately. I could be slightly out of alignment though, and it's not a strong satellite for our area. 8W used to have one transponder with educational channels from Brazil, but I haven't seen it lately, and they were encrypted the last time I did.

Are there any backhauls ever on 45 50 53 or 58? Here in NM, 30 is below the horizon. I can get the others. Do the sky view channels ever show anything but the clock?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Mikel, I"m afraid I can't help with that. 58 is behind a tree for me, 53 doesn't beam to my location (and would probably be behind a tree), 50 is behind a tree except in the winter (and when the wind blows), and I don't scan 45 very often because it's weak for me.

ynnedibanez, the transponder I posted on 45W is correct. Also, by entering it manually I did get the China Radio International transponder on 11605 H 990 (what a strange satellite for them to be using!) On 15W, the African transponder is correct. The channels that are usually ITC on the 45ks transponders aren't showing up for me tonight. Re-scanning is a little hard because my box takes so long to lock these transponders that the scan will often give up before it even has a signal. (It's really weird that it does that, because that's normally a behavior I associate with super-LOW symbol rates.)

Now for 43W. I put in the transponder from the other page and got nothing. I then did a blind scan and also got nothing. But, the Alien2's blind scan screen did display signal peaks as it was scanning, it just didn't locate any transponders. I've seen it do that on other satellites, such as 22W and 45W. I don't know what's going on with that. I wish I could get somebody with a computer-based receiver to scan those satellites and see if they could identify the signals, but most people are too far west to see them. (I know that I also wasn't picking up 45W at 43W because 45W is all low-band but 43W had peaks showing up on the high band. 22W is very strong on C-band, but I wasn't picking up any interference from that because I don't have a C-band LNB connected.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)