Easy to install 322?

mile_r7

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
My family has been Dish customers for about 12 years. We have a Dish 300, and a model 3000 receiver. Everything works fine for the most part, but I'm looking to upgrade. Dish Network has a deal where we can get a 322 receiver for 50 bucks shipped. It costs another 50 to install it, which I would like to avoid paying.

It would be nice to replace our current receiver with the 322 so we could watch different channels on two TV's. My electronics knowledge is about "medium". My dad is a construction worker, and has a lot of experience running wires around this house. I am pretty sure we don't have a second cable run from the dish to the receiver, so that would need to be done.

Do you think doing that, and setting up the 322 receiver would be hard? Also, are there any expenses anyone can think of that I'm forgetting? Finally, does Dish usually ask for the old receiver back?

Thanks a lot.

Pay the extra $50. Depending on what equipment you currently have, upgrading from a legacy system to a DishPro/DishPro Plus will probably incur more costs than you will pay for the installation. That installation will include a new LNB if necessary, cabling to the second TV if necessary. any other small odds and ends that may be required for the installation. Unless you have a very unique situation, the $50 will be well worth it.

If you are still interested in doing the install yourself, please post the type of Dish/LNBs/Switches installed in your system and we can try to help you from there.

Edit: After reading your post again, I see that you have a Dish 300. If this is the case, you definitely want to pay $50 for the install, as this should include a new 500 dish and a DPPlus Twin to run the 322 with a single cable. this dish from dishstore.net costs $75 alone (http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=293). Save yourself the hassle, you will actually be getting all the channels you are paying for.

Last edited:
I agree... it is time to upgrade the system, may as well let Dish do it. You will spend more than $50 in materials to do it yourself.

Pay the extra $50. Depending on what equipment you currently have, upgrading from a legacy system to a DishPro/DishPro Plus will probably incur more costs than you will pay for the installation. That installation will include a new LNB if necessary, cabling to the second TV if necessary. any other small odds and ends that may be required for the installation. Unless you have a very unique situation, the $50 will be well worth it.

If you are still interested in doing the install yourself, please post the type of Dish/LNBs/Switches installed in your system and we can try to help you from there.

Edit: After reading your post again, I see that you have a Dish 300. If this is the case, you definitely want to pay $50 for the install, as this should include a new 500 dish and a DPPlus Twin to run the 322 with a single cable. this dish from dishstore.net costs $75 alone (The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25). Save yourself the hassle, you will actually be getting all the channels you are paying for.

Thanks for the advice. I know this question is more suited for Dish Network itself, but maybe someone has experience: Won't they just charge me more than 50 bucks if they need to upgrade my dish or other equipment besides the receiver?

With a 3000 receiver and a dish 300 you probably only have a single LNB so you would have to buy a dual just to connect the 322. Be smart bot cheap get it done right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)