Ebay question. Would I be right to not finish the transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal is the only way to pay and collect, COD works too but as a seller I would back charge the buyer for the fees. Too bad I did not know these were so hot, there were 3 at the Loveland WalMart this afternoon when I picked up Madden 06 for the boys PSP. Oh well, the PS2 I sold for 1600 a few years ago was nice.

hall said:
.... I'd at least ask very, very politely of the driver if they could wait 30 seconds while you open the package. A FedEx driver probably will, but good luck with a UPS driver. They're always running !
Maybe, if you come to the door armed with a boxcutter and a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies! :hungry: I'd wait 30 seconds for that, backed-up workload or not!

Even if there is a 360 in there, who knows if it's a working one or not...

Even if she insured it, wouldn't she collect the money when you report it broken?

I wouldn't have gone this far with this auction...

We will find out today. Actually, she has a pretty high rating so she can't be scamming all these people. I think she got lucky and found one of these at Wal-Mart and decided to ebay it. I'm pretty sure this transaction will be fine. She was unavailable when I thought she should have been, but has answer every other communication promptly. And the phone number she lists on her profile matches her name and address.

And as someone pointed out, I thought is was in this thread but it wasn't, a lot of people don't trust Paypal. They operate like a bank but without regulation. I would not use Paypal for any major purchases.

We will know for sure this afternoon.

Paypal can save your ass.

I had an eBay purchase go terribly wrong with a bad seller. If it weren't for Paypal, I probably would have been out $125.

They froze the jerk's account and gave him 10 working days to respond to my complaint of "no delivery, no shipping info, no communication." The seller never responded, so Paypal reversed the transaction. There was not quite enough in the account to cover it, so I did lose about $20 in the end. I chalked that up to a lesson learned (the guy had his feedback hidden, or "private").

Duh, I shoulda seen that red flag. !sadroll

Got it today. It was in perfect shape and I now have a headache from playing too much.:D

Thanks to all for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)