Ebay Sweetness

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Just picked up a 36" direcway duo complete setup on Ebay Sunday for $5! Shipping was $35, and was described as USPS parcel post, with 7-9 days shipping time.

However, the seller shipped it DHL ground and I got it today at noon, about 36 hours after I won the bid!

Sweet!

I've got my 14 old out digging the hole to pole mount it right now...(I'm on crutches, recent foot surgery....). I'm going to use it as a dedicated G10 dish.

Actually, it's 3 inches narrower, and quite a bit lighter than my other dway white dish (this one is grey), so I may make it the motorized setup and point my 1 meter one at G10

Is the Directway Duo the one where you receive from the satellite but transmit through the phone lines? I wonder how much that service is?

Yes, it was for a one way satellite internet service. The Duo part was a DirecTV/DBS LNBF that was placed to the left or right of the main KU LNBF (depending on your location in the country). So one dish would work for both internet and DirecTV.

I used the one way service through AOL, but they discontinued the service.

Nice Find!

snathanb said:
Just picked up a 36" direcway duo complete setup on Ebay Sunday for $5! Shipping was $35, and was described as USPS parcel post, with 7-9 days shipping time.
its nice to find deal like that. I got a DirecPC dish for $35 shipped a while back :)

Actually, it's 3 inches narrower, and quite a bit lighter than my other dway white dish (this one is grey), so I may make it the motorized setup and point my 1 meter one at G10
same here....the only issue si the size of the mount.

Pictures??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts