Echo Dot and Fire Stick Black Friday specials

It is one stream per receiver. There are many folks here that have stated just that...
I have 2 Hoppers' with Sling and have been known to watch 4 different channels on 4 different devices (2 on hopper, 2 on Dish Anywhere). Everytime I think about swapping out my second HWS for a Joey 2, I decide I want that flexibility to watch DA on 2 different devices and it's worth the $5 / month extra. Plus I have the 2 boxes, 2 sets of tuners, etc.

I now have 2 Dots and am trying to set up intercom between them (Drop In).

ALexa tells me I must set it up in the Alexa app (Settings > Device > Drop In), but there is no Drop In listed in the settings for either of my Dots. It should be the first thing listed under General, it's not. Any ideas?

I now have 2 Dots and am trying to set up intercom between them (Drop In).

ALexa tells me I must set it up in the Alexa app (Settings > Device > Drop In), but there is no Drop In listed in the settings for either of my Dots. It should be the first thing listed under General, it's not. Any ideas?
You have to register for "Calling & Messaging". And you have to use a cellphone number to verify your account, even though they say that they don't involve it in any of the operations. I have asked why and have not heard back from them.

Reactions: HipKat
So, so far, I've watched some DA stuff - only complaint is the skip ahead 30 is much slower than on the Hopper itself, but no big deal.
Watched 2 movies with Plex off my EHD on my computer and it seemed to stream much smoother than the Plex app on my LG. Netflix loads faster, also.

Since I'll be in Kirksville, MO all week, and hopefully I have access to the HDMI ports on the TV in my hotel, this will make it that much better watching TV at night

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You have to register for "Calling & Messaging". And you have to use a cellphone number to verify your account, even though they say that they don't involve it in any of the operations. I have asked why and have not heard back from them.
I figured it out. I had to use the App on a IPhone or Android Phone. I was trying to use my iPad.

Ok you Echo experts, I need help figuring this one out.

I woke up, asked Alexa what time it was, and I figured I could sleep for another half hour before having to get up. I tell Alexa to wake me in 30 minutes.

15 minutes later, I'm up and about on my own, so I tell Alexa "cancel my alarm."

"You have no alarms set"

So then I tell Alexa to NOT wake me up, and all that does is put it in do not disturb mode. 15 minutes later, the 30 minute alarm goes off, even though do not disturb was on.

How should I have handled it?

Ok you Echo experts, I need help figuring this one out.

I woke up, asked Alexa what time it was, and I figured I could sleep for another half hour before having to get up. I tell Alexa to wake me in 30 minutes.

15 minutes later, I'm up and about on my own, so I tell Alexa "cancel my alarm."

"You have no alarms set"

So then I tell Alexa to NOT wake me up, and all that does is put it in do not disturb mode. 15 minutes later, the 30 minute alarm goes off, even though do not disturb was on.

How should I have handled it?

I would have set it up as a 30 minute timer and then when I didn't need it I would tell Alexa to cancel timer. That may have been how Alexa handled your wake me up in 30 demand.

Yes.

“Alexa set an alarm for every Thursday at 6:40 in the morning.”

“Alexa set a timer for 3 minutes.”

And I’m pretty sure the following works:
“Alexa, 3 minutes.”

Only the first one repeats.

“Alexa set a timer for 3 minutes.”

And I’m pretty sure the following works:
“Alexa, 3 minutes.”
I did this by accident, trying to get Alexa to skip back five minutes (which is apparently the limit for skipping back in one jump on Dish). The first time, Alexa didn't hear me properly, and set a timer for five minutes. After five minutes, the alarm went off, and I could not figure out how to stop it. I tried "Alexa, stop.", "Alexa, quiet.", and "Alexa, shut up." None of those worked. I finally said "Alexa, Pandora." and after a short wait, "Alexa, stop." That stopped the alarm, then my Pandora station started playing, so I said "Alexa, stop." again. Surely there must be an easier way.

I think the system burped. I never have a failure to respond to a stop command.
Usually I don't have a problem, either. I think part of the problem this time was that I was still using the Dish skill, and I was still watching delayed from the buffer. So, for some reason, Alexa didn't respond to the stop command until after I switched skills.

It’s too bad google is yanking YouTube from the fireTV and FireTV Stick... wish amazon and google would act like adults and stop feuding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)