echo star 157

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Is echostar 157 dbs or fss??? I want to play around to see what i get.. I though i pointed it to the right sat.. was getting a 90+ on my sat buddy. the sat is a 6 deg of elevation where im at.. in chicago. but on the 921 it wouldnt reconize it. I tryed to point at express vu to see if i could pick up some free hd from them being that they use echostars recivers.. it found 82 degrees in the check switch but it would not list the channels on that bird on my 921 and it said that i had an unathorized satellight in my switch matrix to repoint my dish... it was worth a shot. any one know of a fta reciver i can buy that would set me some free dbs stuff... that i can just play with.. thanks

157w is a DBS satellite!

Any FTA receiver will get you some FTA channels on some of the DBS satellites, its just a matter of using the right LNB/F for what ever satellite you want, then letting the FTA receiver know what type LNB/F you have....

For FSS or KU as its usually called you use a L.O. of 10750

For DBS you use a L.O. of 11250

Come over to the FTA area here for all the info you need for FTA, its well worth it even for just the DBS FTA channels up there, there are quite a few goodies right now ITC (in the clear)!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

The E* recievers won't pick up anything but the main sats because of the software... in case you weren't using an FTA reciever.

If you have a need/want for 148, just Point a Dish 500 to both 148/157 with appropriate skew. This will help save floor/roof space. You can then slap 2 dual Lnb's onto it (one tied into your dish system, and 1 to whatever you're playing with as Dish software is yet to be upgraded with 157 info). Then place a twin into it when Dish starts using it.
Though not much to look at on 157, A few local markets are mirrored there, probably for eventual migration there.

Derwin0 said:
Though not much to look at on 157, A few local markets are mirrored there, probably for eventual migration there.
Most likely those three mux's were just the closest available in the wiring panel. They needed three signals to light up the transponders on 157 and just grabed from existing muxes. Unless things have changed considerably since May, I would not expect any unique content on 157 - just more stolen muxes if they are testing additional transponder channels.

JL

Darkman said:
spoken by the Man himself... :D ( re: it's at lyngsat now - http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish157_sid.html )

...Still .. 2 changes are better then None ;)
I like how 157 is marked as CONUS :D

Let's see ya drag that bird in from the northeast (elevation=below ground) - or even Kentucky or Illinois (elevation=6.5). It doesn't even begin to become commercially useful until you're at least in the Rockies.

SimpleSimon said:
I like how 157 is marked as CONUS :D

Let's see ya drag that bird in from the northeast (elevation=below ground) - or even Kentucky or Illinois (elevation=6.5). It doesn't even begin to become commercially useful until you're at least in the Rockies.

I live in chicago i have pulled the bird in at 80 max.. that was on the tip of my roof..

goaliebob99 said:
I live in chicago i have pulled the bird in at 80 max.. that was on the tip of my roof..
Ya, but you're a decent installer :)

You know what I'm talking about - the dish looks like it's aimed at the ground, eh?

from Tony's chart latest changes:

"KMOH TV 6, a Spanish language independent in the Phoenix TV market was uplinked to channel 8338 at 119° transponder 7 spot 6. (ANON) This channel was possibly to transponder 7 at 157° as well but that is unconfirmed."

---------

hmmm.. maybe P. Smith still has his dish pointed to 157 W ...
If so hopefully he can easily double-check what's "unconfirmed" (above) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)