Echostar 11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
I was looking at the satellites set to launch in the future. They had Echo 11 set to launch in 2007. Does anyone know where this satellite is set to operate from?

In the single filing that I have seen from Dish to the FCC, the orbital slot is not specified but it is a DBS satellite. This may seem like trivial information but Dish has been active in their FCC filings for Ka and extended Ku bands especially at 109 W (extended Ku band), 113 W (Ka band) and 121 W (both). My guess would be another satellite for 119 W with either more spotbeams like E-10 and/or the ability to do double power for all 21 frequencies that Dish has license to from that location. Unless of course Dish receives approval for some DBS tweener slots like 114.5 W or 86.5 W. Dish can use some of their present satellites to replace their older ones at the 61.5 W and 148 W slots which are not as important as 110/119 CONUS slots. Ciel, the Canadian company that Dish has the deal with for 129 W is building a satellite to replace E-5 at that location that should be launched in 2008 and Dish has a 4 or 5 more years before they need to put a satellite at 157 W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)