Echostar 14 119W transition information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But if I understood what you said earlier, is that the FEC setting does not affect the rain fade of the transponder, is that correct ?

Incorrect, it will drop the signal quality meter since there isn't as much headroom for error since the forward error correction dropped. You can take a 3/4 FEC signal and 7/8 FEC signal, same satellite, same everything, and the 3/4 FEC will hang on longer during rain fade.

Is TP 7 going to stay as a spotbeam TP off of E-7 for awhile or will it be converted to a CONUS TP on E-14?

I believe TP 2 is going to TP 7, but since there are no video services for customers on TP 2 I did not list it.

Incorrect, it will drop the signal quality meter since there isn't as much headroom for error since the forward error correction dropped. You can take a 3/4 FEC signal and 7/8 FEC signal, same satellite, same everything, and the 3/4 FEC will hang on longer during rain fade.

way longer ;)
Us FTA guys know that

So, the increase in FEC adds bandwidth at the expense of some rain fade.

Actually it is a decrease in Forward Error Correction (FEC) and with a higher powered satellite such as E-14 versus E-7, the rain fade will probably be less of a porblem on E-14 even with the reduction in FEC.

I believe TP 2 is going to TP 7, but since there are no video services for customers on TP 2 I did not list it.
They moved a bunch of channels from TP 02 to other transponders back in April.

I only saw one or two channels left on TP 02 (Dish seems to like having a channel up on every transponder of every satellite to monitor problems).

Are you implying that there might be some channels not listed on The List ?

Otherwise, there should be a free transponder after the transition - unless they are temporarily crowding channels and want to spread them back out after the transition.

They moved a bunch of channels from TP 02 to other transponders back in April.

I only saw one or two channels left on TP 02 (Dish seems to like having a channel up on every transponder of every satellite to monitor problems).

Are you implying that there might be some channels not listed on The List ?

Otherwise, there should be a free transponder after the transition - unless they are temporarily crowding channels and want to spread them back out after the transition.

They swapped things around to where there are no customer services there.

On May 27th, anything on TP2 will go to TP7. And TP7 will stay as 8PSK.

So the decrease in FEC will result in more rain fade. Seems to me then, the benefits of E14 are not quite what they seem. Sure, a 60 reading from E7 might jump up to a 65 on E14, say, but so what, if rain fade now happens with a reading of 20 instead of 15.

So the decrease in FEC will result in more rain fade. Seems to me then, the benefits of E14 are not quite what they seem. Sure, a 60 reading from E7 might jump up to a 65 on E14, say, but so what, if rain fade now happens with a reading of 20 instead of 15.

I believe you are misinterpreting the discussion on this issue. Rain fade won't occur at a higher reading on E-14 versus E-7. I don't believe that you will see more rain fade on E-14 versus E-7 because of the lower FEC used for TPs on E-14 because of the greater power output of E-14. In fact you probably will see less rain fade on E-14.

I really highly doubt you will see new services on E14 before they even finish the E7 to E14 conversion.

If you want them before Sunday night get them OTA or if you want them bad enough then "move".

Digiblur - is it correct that Dish never transmits from the same transponder from two different sats at the same time ? (In fact, it sounds to me like it is not possible, and probably an FCC violation.)

Question:

EVII had 16 CONUS beams (6 odd & 10 even)
Since transition (what I've seen in posts)
8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20 (8 Tps) my guess is these are the RH or LH
and the other 8 Tps to be swapped soon are the other LH or RH.
Does anyone have more specs on the bird like CONUS beams single power @ 120 W or double power @ 240 W etc.

Thanks in advance

Question:

EVII had 16 CONUS beams (6 odd & 10 even)
Since transition (what I've seen in posts)
8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20 (8 Tps) my guess is these are the RH or LH
and the other 8 Tps to be swapped soon are the other LH or RH.
Does anyone have more specs on the bird like CONUS beams single power @ 120 W or double power @ 240 W etc.

Thanks in advance

Odds are RightHand, Evens are left hand on 119, just like all the rest of the DBS birds up there...101, 110, 129, 61, 72, etc.

correct..

Okay, so just to conclude the Transponder 7 train of thought:

- Dish moves HD Locals from E*7 TP 07 to E*14 other transponders
- Dish adds one test channel to E*7 TP 07 to monitor it and "keep it hot" in case there is a failure on E*14 when they load it up.
- When transition is done, presumably the E*7 TP 07 test channel will be turned off, and then there will be one free transponder for new channels at 119 on E*14 - unless currently the channels are squeezed temporarily during the transition and TP 07 is needed to relieve the overcrowding.
- Currently, there is no info on TP 07 because any use of it comes after the transition, since they want to keep it available on E*7 until the very end.

The attached Proof of Performance was made with a Super Buddy Satellite meter on Friday morning at 03.20 hours, Central Daylight Saving time in Chicago Illinois, Zip Code 60651.

Dish: Dish 1000+ [110. 118.7, 119, 129]
Switch: DPP44
Cable Length: Approximately 180 feet - to be re-routed and shortened when rehab of the house begins in August.

Date: Friday, 21 May 2010 - 03.20 hours
Weather: Rain / Overcast

Meter: Satellite Buddy Superbuddy
Hardware: 2.0
SSB BootD: 1.14
SSB MainD: 2.32
Field Guide: North American 1.82
Dish Limits: 1.09
USA Zip Codes: 1.09

This is from a Dish 1000+ with 110, 118.7, 119, and 129, western arc, Dish Network.

While the satellites other than 119 are insignificant to this thread, they are included in the PDF because they were part of the proof.

I will post another PDF with new test results in early June, once all of the transitioning and new spot beams have been uplinked and made live on Echostar 14, 119W.

Additional proofs can be pulled at any time, upon request. If you have questions outside of this discussion please contact me via private message.

Attachments

• ECHOSTAR14PROOF20100521.pdf
    36.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts