Echostar 148 License - FCC Request

I dont see any service coming out of moving E5 to 148. It will be there just as a placeholder and the engineers can play around with the encoders over there on the hidden channels again.

Dish will eventually have E6 and E8 free up. They are just on (or going to be on in the case of E8) temporary assignment until the satellites for their slots are completed. The FCC certainly knows all the difficulties of getting a replacement into orbit, Dish wants to be sure they are following all the proceedures so they do not have problems when they have a replacement.

Oh yes, I don't see any reason FCC not granting it.

I dont see any service coming out of moving E5 to 148. It will be there just as a placeholder and the engineers can play around with the encoders over there on the hidden channels again.

That is what I thought, there is really no short term use for 148. Four years ago I needed a side dish to look at 148 to get one of our four LILs, soon it became useless as all my locals were moved to the spots on my main dish.

Just wondering why are they moving Echostar 5 to the 148. Isn't Echostar 1 in better shape? Older yes , but whats wrong with it. Is E*5 going to be a spare?

Hemi,

Echostar one and two were only capable of using half of an Orbital Slots possible transponders. Both Satellites were only capable of using Only Even transponders or Only Odd transponders, they were designed to compliment each other, hence Both Satellites (1 and 2) were required to use both Polarities (Even and Odd). Since Echostar 1 can't use the other Polarization another Satellite is required to light up the rest of the transponders that Dish has licenses to use. The FCC can take back transponder licenses if a Company does not have hardware at an orbital slot to use those licensed transponders.

John

Hemi,

Echostar one and two were only capable of using half of an Orbital Slots possible transponders. Both Satellites were only capable of using Only Even transponders or Only Odd transponders, they were designed to compliment each other, hence Both Satellites (1 and 2) were required to use both Polarities (Even and Odd). Since Echostar 1 can't use the other Polarization another Satellite is required to light up the rest of the transponders that Dish has licenses to use. The FCC can take back transponder licenses if a Company does not have hardware at an orbital slot to use those licensed transponders.

John
Got Ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)