Echostar 15 Moving to Brazil 45W

It appears that they are about ready to move E15 to 45W. FCC issued the ground communication licenses for 45W communication today (to be effective March 7).

Move whatever SAT they want but light up E16 with Spot 70. Slooooow process. My decision to keep paying over 200.00 a month depends on how equal to the states our channel line-up will be.

Hi everyone. This is my first post. A search on Google brought me here. :)

Hi Nelson61!

I'm not really akin to the FCC website directory hierarchy, that been said, would you mind to pinpoint the exact location/document where you found this information?

Thanks
http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/ib/forms/reports/swr031b.hts?q_set=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number/%3D/SESMFS2012081500748&prepare=&column=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number

EchoStar has received their FCC permit to communicate and control movement of EchoStar 15 to 45W. Effective May 8, 2013 for 60 day period. So, it can be expected to start drifting any day now.

EchoStar 15 has departed from the 61.5W cluster. Presently at ~58W and moving East 0.5 degrees per day. Expected arrival at Brazil 45 West Slot in Mid June 2013.

Why do you think that. They are gonna run full tilt MPEG4. I would almost put money on that.

I would bet the opposite. They will want to have a low price service, Brazil disposable income is no where near the US/EU/Canada disposable income levels. SD is common.

A minimum wage worker in the US (7.25 * 50x40 or 14500/year) makes 50% more than the average income in Brazil.

I would bet the opposite. They will want to have a low price service, Brazil disposable income is no where near the US/EU/Canada disposable income levels. SD is common.

A minimum wage worker in the US (7.25 * 50x40 or 14500/year) makes 50% more than the average income in Brazil.
I completely disagree as they will want the bandwidth on the bird. That would loose them a lot of money by not going full tilt MPEG4 like EA. Why go thru the same ole crap as is going on w/ WA?

Echostar has filed FCC application to build, launch and operate a new FSS satellite (Echo 45W) to be co-located with their BSS satellite at 45W. The FSS satellite has two beams, one covering North American and one covering South America. The principle use of the FSS satellite would be to to backhaul content between the two continents for rebroadcast on other systems (BSS, cable, etc).

http://licensing.fcc.gov/myibfs/download.do?attachment_key=967205

Due to gov shut down the doc isn't available now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)