EchoStar 5 a DBS satellite is in the immediate vicinity of 148w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnH

Godfather of the Uplink Reports
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
Kansas City, Missouri
It may provide signal(s) at any time. Most likely it would provide signals on the even numbered transponders first since EchoStar 1 provides signals on the odd numbered transponders.

Here's the footprint.

Contours are 51.9dBw, 49.9, 47.9, 45.9, 43.9, 38.9.

Attachments

• E5_CONUS.jpg
    E5_CONUS.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 253
Here's the footprint.

Contours are 51.9dBw, 49.9, 47.9, 45.9, 43.9, 38.9.
Interesting what so special in ocean close to Mexican California if the sat's footprint creating highest level of signal in sharply rounded area (green circle) ? An island owned by Dish VPs ? :)

P Smith You may have figured it out!
Isla Guadalupe, drag the google earth map west from the peninsula--it really is an island there.

That is a wild picture! Seems the house needs a bit of an upgrade before Charlie arrives.
Bob

Currently able to lock Tp 2 12239 LH 20000 and Tp 28 12618 LH 20000. No channels on them.

I bet that there ARE channels on it. The last two times I checked out DN sats shortly after they started up transponders, I found FTA hidden channels. If you use TSREADER with a PCI card, look for video streams that come up as "unknown", meaning that they aren't listed in the PAT/PMT sections. If there are hidden channels, they won't last long, but you might have fun with them for a while. That's way to far west for me to see unfortunately.

Here : tp2, tp4(no lock), tp26(no lock), tp28. Plus two narrow spikes at 1312 and 1365 MHZ [IF] sometimes.
Tp2 and 28 doesn't have programs, but carry SDT/NIT/etc.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)