Echostar 6 at 72.7W - Medium Power Level

Green = 52.66 dBW

Blue = 50.66 dBW

Purple = 48.66 dBW

Pink = 46.66 dBW

Yellow = 44.66 dBW

Orange = 39.66 dBW

Red = 34.66 dBW

See attachments for footprints and Dish Diameter Vs dBw.

Attachments

• Echostar 6 at 72.7W USA-Carribean.jpg
    Echostar 6 at 72.7W USA-Carribean.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 4,413
  • Echostar 6 at 72.7W  Canada.jpg
    Echostar 6 at 72.7W Canada.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 2,182
  • dBm vs Dish Diameter.jpg
    dBm vs Dish Diameter.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,689
Last edited:
Well... looks like those in the Virginias, Maryland, PA and Eastern Ohio can place their microwave popcorn directly on the dish aimed at 72.7 and have it pop juuuuuust right!

See ya
Tony

nelson61, thanks for an excellent post. Also to tngtony for pointing out that those of us in the green/blue zone are prime targets for the 72.7w signal. (Even though I get an excellent signal from 61.5, 110, and 119 now.)

fitzie

nelson61, thanks for an excellent post. Also to tngtony for pointing out that those of us in the green/blue zone are prime targets for the 72.7w signal. (Even though I get an excellent signal from 61.5, 110, and 119 now.)

fitzie

So I take that to mean that those living like in Texas are NOT in prime location to receive a great signal from the eastern arc? I installed my eastern arc dish a couple of days ago to see what I could get and I get at best 45-48 on the 72.7 satellite. I tried different elevations than what was suggested in the installation manual. It only worked on what was suggested for my area. I didn't try to change the skew though. Scott G. in Conneticut and some member from New York said that they are getting from 55-62 signals on the 72.7 sat from there locations. I am wondering if the numbers go down as you move further south and west from the perscribed area for eastern arc? I know that Houston locals were on the 61.5 sat for months, but unavailable and they took them off recently. I wonder if they decided that Houston, which is 90 miles west of my location , was to far west for great reception for the eastern arc dish?

So I take that to mean that those living like in Texas are NOT in prime location to receive a great signal from the eastern arc? I installed my eastern arc dish a couple of days ago to see what I could get and I get at best 45-48 on the 72.7 satellite. I tried different elevations than what was suggested in the installation manual. It only worked on what was suggested for my area. I didn't try to change the skew though. Scott G. in Conneticut and some member from New York said that they are getting from 55-62 signals on the 72.7 sat from there locations. I am wondering if the numbers go down as you move further south and west from the perscribed area for eastern arc? I know that Houston locals were on the 61.5 sat for months, but unavailable and they took them off recently. I wonder if they decided that Houston, which is 90 miles west of my location , was to far west for great reception for the eastern arc dish?

Should get decent reception with a 20 inch dish at your Netherland location.

E6 was not designed for 72W so what one sees is a temporary fix until the new Nimiq 5 launches. The Canadians do a great job with their footprint designs (ie Anik F3) and I will speculate that Nimiq 5 will cover a much larger service area with it's stronger BSS service.

Well I think that 45 - 48 signals on the 1000.4 is comparable to the 45 -55 signals I get off of 119 on the 1000.2 sat dish. I just wondered if the reason why I am not getting 55-62 like Scott G. and others up north in Connecticut and New York, may be because of the satellite foot print having less coverage down south in Texas.

Well I think that 45 - 48 signals on the 1000.4 is comparable to the 45 -55 signals I get off of 119 on the 1000.2 sat dish. I just wondered if the reason why I am not getting 55-62 like Scott G. and others up north in Connecticut and New York, may be because of the satellite foot print having less coverage down south in Texas.

You are absolutely correct.

You are absolutely correct.

Thanks then. I won't worry about it then. I can't really use eastern arc anyway till I get the new smart cards. When I do receive them , I might just run my main tv on eastern arc and my other two on the western arc to see if I see any real rain fade problems or differences.

mmmmh. I always can open your images but not these. Thumbnail only.
Tried with save link as... No luck.
And yes, I tried it with photo program

Decode error. JPEG datastream contains no image

Thanks anyways

mmmmh. I always can open your images but not these. Thumbnail only.
Tried with save link as... No luck.
And yes, I tried it with photo program

Decode error. JPEG datastream contains no image

Thanks anyways

Try clearing your cache. Maybe it is trying to call up an old web page.

they need to adjust that a bit so the peak hits south florida..

I don't think it's doable, otherwise I"m sure DISH would correct the footprint.

The satellite was designed for more middle-of the North American arc service and if the footprint designed for that slot is fixed, then the footprint shifts eastward when you move the sat east. It's funny how the Florida part of the footprint when E6 was mid-arc is now out over the Atlantic a ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts