Echostar 6 but not 8

PKay

Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I've read through the forums and done endless googling but I haven't seen much about my problem. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have a Dish 1000 with an 811 receiver. I can see 119 and 129 just fine, but I can only get some transponders from 110. Specifically, I have signal strength in the mid-60s on the transponders that are echostar 6 (3,13, 22, 23,24, 25,26,27,29,31) but can't get anything on the transponders from echostar 8 (1,5,7,9,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19)

I've tried peaking the signal on 110 and still gotten nothing. I've adjusted elevation, azimuth and even skew in an attempt to get the strongest signal possible from 110 to the detriment of 119 and 129 and still have not been able to lock on any transponder from echostar 8.

It may be relevant that there is some obstruction between the dish and the 110 satellite, but I can't understand why echostar 6 comes in but 8 does not.

It's also probably relevant that I am in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I suspect that echostar 8 may be broadcasting at lower power than echostar 6, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

None of the above Van. :)

PKay,

First, Welcome to Satelliteguys!

You don't mentun where you are so I am going to assume that your problem has to do with the differing footprints of the two satellites. When you get to the edges of the satellite's coverage area, some satellites my reach you and others in the same slot wont.

Also remember that transponders 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 are spot beam transponders and there may not be a spot aimed near you.

See ya
Tony

I would have to agree you are out of the footprint for the satellites that are not meant to be seen in Canada.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar