Echostar applies to move Echostar6 to 77w

Well, they ought to pay for the second dish then or take it out of the AT 100 Pak if customers want it. Seems to me anyway. What do you think?
PI's don't have to be given to anybody who asks. They just need a certain percentage of PI channels at every satellite location, by law.

PI's don't have to be given to anybody who asks. They just need a certain percentage of PI channels at every satellite location, by law.

IC, oh well, thanks for straightening me out. Anyway, glad I had a 61.5 installed now. Looks like it is a good thing to have it now. Maybe it might even have to be replaced with something else that is in the future.

Last edited:
My question comes down to if I wanted to view my locals (that I am paying for) in HD and I don't have 61.5, where would that leave me? Somebody mentioned that E* wouldn't charge extra for a re-point or new dish if a customer needed it view services that they pay for and that makes sense. My question is, since I'm currently paying to view my locals in sd on 129, would they locals going to HD on 61.5 (that I don't receive) qualify as optional or a continuation of service I'm already receiving? It seems like a gray area. I was just looking for some clarification.

If they move your locals to 61.5, I'm sure they'll repoint for free.

But I think you need to view this as a separate service. If they keep your locals at 129, they don't need to repoint you. I would still expect that if you signed up for the "new" service at 61.5, "Eastern Arc," they would likely repoint for little or no money.

If they move your locals to 61.5, I'm sure they'll repoint for free.

But I think you need to view this as a separate service. If they keep your locals at 129, they don't need to repoint you. I would still expect that if you signed up for the "new" service at 61.5, "Eastern Arc," they would likely repoint for little or no money.

Thanks. I know it's a little early to worry anyway. I would think Dish would like to avoid having to repoint/upgrade customers all over northeast Ohio because they moved everything to 61.5 only.

Well, they ought to pay for the second dish then or take it out of the AT 100 Pak if customers want it. Seems to me anyway. What do you think?
You could ask them to credit you the amount that they charge you for the channel. I'll bet they'll even give you back-credits for as long as you've had Dish for that channel too....

You could ask them to credit you the amount that they charge you for the channel. I'll bet they'll even give you back-credits for as long as you've had Dish for that channel too....

It is a public free channel. I am not that worried about it. Just found it strange and don't know why they couldn't put it on another satellite.

I wonder how much the Canadian DBS companies will object. Since 72 is being used by DIRECTV and does not really cover western Canada, their arguments will probably be weak.

However the sat at 77 is broadcasting only to the southern states and would interfere with 82 as much.

E-4 at 77w can be seen as far north as Washington DC, so I'm betting they've been doing some interference testing all this time. Since I can see 72.5, 77, and 82 I dont think there will be any problems moving E-6 to 77w and using it to cover the US.

I do not think 77 hurts 82 at all. The 86.5 slot is the one that has to worry about 82 and 91. It is if they want a dish to see 72, 82 and 91 that 77 would interfere with. It has to do with multisatellite dishes that work over a large geographic range. Satellites between the target satellites are the ones that can cause the problems, and the more satellites that the multisatellite dish covers, the more it will hurt in certain areas.

I pickup 110, 119, 129 with a DISH 500 so that is three slots at 19 degree of spacing. I think a DISH 500 is larger than a DISH 1000. It may be able to go slightly more than that with the spacing. If a 20/22 inch dish like a DISH 500 can do 3+ orbital locations then a DISH 300 can probably easily do 2-3 orbital locations as well. I have not tested DISH 500 to do 4 orbital locations yet. I could hookup 101, 110, 119, 129 to see if that works on a DISH 500. Has anyone else tried that? I think it will work because the two other slots that I have are offset on one side of the dish so I should be able to pickup more slots on the other side of the dish plus one centered in the middle.

How are you able to pick up 110, 119, 129 on a dish 500? I have a dish 500 and it only picks up 110 and 119. and I have a 300 that picks up 61.5. I have both the dish 500 and 300 hooked to DP34 switch. I have (2) VIP 622's (1) 501 and (1) 301 receiver. I have (2) DP34 switches to hook all the receivers to. Not to get off topic of this chat, but am I going to need new equipment or a third dish to pick up more HD channels when Dish turns them on and with the new Sat. they are sending up on Friday and all the changes Dish is doing? I live in Northern Kentucky, about 35 to 40 miles south of Cincinnati Ohio, if this helps. I also subscribe to the Every Thing pack with all the HD channels. Almost Every thing Dish has to offer except sports packs.

Is there's going to be a satellite at 77, wont we need an extra dish. I'm a little confused.
well let's hypothesize...Directv has it's 5 sat dish which covers from 93W to 119 W...A spread of 26 degrees..61.5 and 77 are 15.5 degrees apart. Plus Dish has loaded in the software of some receivers and orbital slot at I think 82 degrees( please correct if I am wrong here)...So it is conceivable that Dish could use a single dish solution for 61.5, 77 and 82...My thinking is that Dish will cut the country into thirds. this is based upon what I have read where Dish is proposing a single dish solution for all subs.

I do not think 77 hurts 82 at all. The 86.5 slot is the one that has to worry about 82 and 91. It is if they want a dish to see 72, 82 and 91 that 77 would interfere with. It has to do with multisatellite dishes that work over a large geographic range. Satellites between the target satellites are the ones that can cause the problems, and the more satellites that the multisatellite dish covers, the more it will hurt in certain areas.
what is the minimum spacing for DBS satellites?

E6 will have a poor footprint in the east when moved easterly. The older birds don't operate well when moved beyond 10 degrees or so from their originally intended footprint. This is a huge move in that regard for E6. I.E. If it was designed for 119 (it's first slot ever) and moved east, the footprint it was designed with will be distorted in essence affecting the east coast. I wish they had taken another bird for this! :(

I hate E6!!!

E6 will have a poor footprint in the east when moved easterly. The older birds don't operate well when moved beyond 10 degrees or so from their originally intended footprint. This is a huge move in that regard for E6. I.E. If it was designed for 119 (it's first slot ever) and moved east, the footprint it was designed with will be distorted in essence affecting the east coast. I wish they had taken another bird for this! :(

I hate E6!!!

Aren't there some tps that do not work properly? Can it be used for spotbeams? I know it was old MCI bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts